• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are there an visual cues to identify the scratch resistant holders from a standard holder?

7 posts in this topic

I did a quick search but did not find any threads on this so apologies if it has been asked before.  But is there any way to visually tell a scratch resistant holder from a regular holder in a photo?

On 6/12/2021 at 12:37 PM, Coinbuf said:

I did a quick search but did not find any threads on this so apologies if it has been asked before.  But is there any way to visually tell a scratch resistant holder from a regular holder in a photo?

I'd love to know the answer to this myself - having just gotten 8 gold coins back in scratch resistant holders I didn't see any differences off-hand so I'm guessing either the answer is "no" or it's subtle. :popcorn:

4 minutes ago, Revenant said:

I'd love to know the answer to this myself - having just gotten 8 gold coins back in scratch resistant holders I didn't see any differences off-hand so I'm guessing either the answer is "no" or it's subtle. :popcorn:

I was guessing the absence of scratches, but that’s entirely too empirical. 

15 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

I was guessing the absence of scratches, but that’s entirely too empirical. 

The non-scratch resistant ones definitely seem to get scratched reliably but I don't know how good the scratch resistant ones really are at living up to their names yet.

25 minutes ago, Revenant said:

The non-scratch resistant ones definitely seem to get scratched reliably but I don't know how good the scratch resistant ones really are at living up to their names yet.

Give them to Ben for an hour or so and then report back.  ;)

13 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

Give them to Ben for an hour or so and then report back.  ;)

Oh... unkind. I don't like this idea. O.olol

Edit: Shandy says, for a proper test, we should give it to Sam. lol

Edited by Revenant

1 minute ago, Revenant said:

Oh... unkind. I don't like this idea. O.olol

Kids are great durability testers, but you may be correct in holding back on that type of testing.:);)