• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tokens from home
1 1

10 posts in this topic

:applause:

I love finding tokens that have a connection to my family or hometown. 

Do you own a metal detector? The ground around the entrance to the old store might be a good place to hunt.

5 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

:applause:

I love finding tokens that have a connection to my family or hometown. 

Do you own a metal detector? The ground around the entrance to the old store might be a good place to hunt.

I have a cheap one. I've found some cool stuff with it though. I may check it out some time. May be some old coins dropped around it. 

8 minutes ago, Lem E said:

Glad you were able to get them. Congrats brother. 

Thank you my friend. I am very excited. I never knew any such tokens existed. I was looking under the search Ky tokens and they appeared. Bout blew my mind. 

Hard telling how the seller ever acquired a handful of tokens from these parts but they come from 3 or 4 states away. When I first looked I thought it may have been someone local. Look at how many years they survived and made it that far away and now making they're way back home. Very cool history behind these old tokens and coins floating around out there. If they could only talk. 

Looking at that picture of papaw he sure has some white teeth. I must have got mine from the other side of the family. What ones I have left look like candy corn. :roflmao:

5 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

We thank him for his service and so very thankful to all those veterans of bygone eras.

salute.jpg

Thank you my friend. My aunt done some research and found out that he was part of the China,Burma, India Campaign. Not sure what he was tasked with but they helped out on it. I sure wish I could have met him. I did get to join the American Legion under his name. I'm in the son's. My papaw was a member also before he passed on. He used to go down there and drink beer alot. I love to listen to the stories of those old vets telling about the history of our town and war stories. And everything else. 

Edited by Hoghead515