• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Full Copper 1983 Un Centesimo?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys. It's me again. I have this 1983 Panamanian Un Centesimo that weighs in at a very heavy Copper like weight of 3.14. en Numista only lists the 83 as a Copper/Zinc that should weigh in at a fit 2.5g. Were we making their Coins in 83 and did they switch to zinc like we did? Halfway through the year? I admit that idk where to look for listings of varieties and errors on Foreign Coins. Do I have something special here? I depend on en Numista for value and would hate to think that they aren't listing this a a Variety.  Any info would be much appreciated. 

Thanks -Karen

the answer is yes we make their coins and made them in 83. It is the same as a US cent so I would hang onto that until you know what is going on. You may want to get a pic of it on a scale and go to ASK NGC. 

Welcome back Karen

From what I understand there were two different types for 1983 only as there were in the US.

The regular issue was copper plated with 45 million being struck in 1983  (KM#22)

In 1983 there were 5 million bronze coins that struck in the US. (km#22a)

Yeah. I was about to delete my question but saw y'all had responded. I do not know why the Copper didn't show up when I searched en Numista but it did when a Friend searched it. They separated them onto 2 different pages which makes no sense. Anyway, I was crossing my fingers so tightly. Lmbo! Such is life. I'll get it one of these days. Thanks guys!!!

Hi, Karen. You don't know me and I don't know you.. Not really anyway. I DO know, however, that you are a not  what you appear. I saw where you were on another site talking about the people here, who ARE my friends and, although they aren't redneck enough, and i really am not either, I will say it right now... You should really not be so two faced. I don't like ugly talk about my friends. Do unto others... And another thing... If you knew anything about phonics, much less grammar, you would have known that Schwarzenegger is not even close to how you tried to spell/pronounce it. That was very rude and you should be ashamed of yourself. So, now that I have said my piece, I hope you have a wonderful day because I definitely will knowing that I got this off my chest. ❤️

Edited by Sharann