• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New registry set - British double sovereigns 1820 - date

4 posts in this topic

Since there is already a type set by monarch for British double sovereigns from George 3rd onwards for proof and circulation  double sovereigns and a grading scale. I thought that could be added onto the modern proof set (1980-date) to produce a full date run for British double sovereigns, much as is the case with the sovereign date run. An attractive new addition which would have the benefit of not having to work out the whole infrastructure since it is already there. Fingers crossed 🤞 

regards

Jaconet

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Jaconet said:

Since there is already a type set by monarch for British double sovereigns from George 3rd onwards for proof and circulation  double sovereigns and a grading scale. I thought that could be added onto the modern proof set (1980-date) to produce a full date run for British double sovereigns, much as is the case with the sovereign date run. An attractive new addition which would have the benefit of not having to work out the whole infrastructure since it is already there. Fingers crossed 🤞 

regards

Jaconet

Hello, and thank you for your interest, Jaconet.

We have these competitive sets:

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive/united-kingdom/great-britain-type-sets/4924/

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive/united-kingdom/great-britain-sovereigns-and-bullion/2314/

Are you saying you would like an 1820-Date, Complete Proof set for the 2SOV?

I have a set in each of the two sets you highlighted currently exist. However I think the 1820-date proof & mint state double sovereign or 1820-date proof double sovereign sets would be better. If I was choosing I would prefer the former as it’s more complete.

regards

jaconet

• Administrator

Hello, Jaconet. Our team has determined these have sufficient representation in the NGC Registry. You may create a Custom set, if you wish. Thank you.