• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021 quarter question

6 posts in this topic

My son opened a roll of quarters today and found Acordar that looks to be damaged, but it’s from a brand new roll of quarters. Bottom of the front side and top of the bottom side. Just damage? Thoughts?

B9028265-D921-4D62-9939-CEF066FB768D.jpeg

31674755-6D27-48F2-AD99-BC83AF914B0B.jpeg

I believe it's damaged, not an error.

The mint doesn't supply rolled coins.  They ship them out in 2500+ lb ballistic bags to outside contractors who supply rolls to banks. I believe that also use contractors to supply the rolls sold by the mint to collectors (although I'm not 100% certain)

Your coin doesn't look like something that could have occurred during the minting process IMO.  It may have gotten stuck in some machinery at the rolling company.  

The mark kind looks like the end of a flat screwdriver that was driven hard into the coin. But no way to know for sure who or what did it but it doesn't look like anything but PMD to me.