• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help send to grade

15 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Forum

Aside from a straight on shot, please crop your photos,  orient properly and remove from cellophane. 
The best shot possible is required for grading photos. We have to be able to see any details the coin may have.

Based solely on condition, I wouldn't have any of them graded. It could be the images but the surfaces look off on the Morgan and Peace dollars.

As far as value, take a look on Ebay at coins in similar condition to yours in the sold listings. If you want to do a little digging take a look at vamworld.com  and see if you can match your coins to any VAMs, might raise the sell price a bit if you get a match.

2 hours ago, Angel Zendejas said:

Any idea what value they may have?

The four silver dollars that you have shown are worth approximately $100, that value is 100% from the value of the silver in each at current silver prices.   All of those four coins from the photos appear to be in AU (or lower) condition most with problems like cleaning or artificial coloring in the case of the first 1922 Peace dollar.   The condition and problems of all four reduce their collectable value to less than the value of the silver content.   The proof Lincoln cent has a value of $1.

It will cost you an average of $60 each to have these five coins graded and after you spend the $300 to have all five graded you will still have five coins that are worth $101.   As others have said these coins are not good candidates to have graded, you would be wasting a lot of money.

Edited by Coinbuf

I agree with coinbuf on the 22 peace dollar. It looks like AT (artificial toning). The darkening of the coin and the blue/green color are dead giveaways. I would avoid coins that look like this in the future.

I agree with VKurtB  i woulndt send any of these coins in.  they all look like the have an issue.

Did you have a question on the 1889?  This too is a very common coin over 21M were coined in Philadelphia that year, My grade is VF20 and the value is again the silver value of the coin and the current melt value for a Morgan silver dollar is $20-$21 dollars.