• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Canada variety

3 posts in this topic

The 2010 Canada $2 (Toonie) has two varieties which are not presently recognized by NGC. The variations involve the number of edge serrations; 16 vs 14. PCGS recognizes them and I have the 16 serration variety in a PCGS holder, 84695161 and the 14 serration variety in uncertified state. I also have an NGC certified coin without the designation. If I submit these for certification will NGC add the variety designation? Thanks, Larry

On 4/16/2021 at 6:31 PM, LTMcCord said:

The 2010 Canada $2 (Toonie) has two varieties which are not presently recognized by NGC. The variations involve the number of edge serrations; 16 vs 14. PCGS recognizes them and I have the 16 serration variety in a PCGS holder, 84695161 and the 14 serration variety in uncertified state. I also have an NGC certified coin without the designation. If I submit these for certification will NGC add the variety designation? Thanks, Larry

I spoke with NGC's customer "service" today and was told, rather curtly, that if a coin variety is not already on their list of recognized varieties, it will not be. Period! So...collectors, if you want your variety coin certified I guess the only grading company that wants your business is PCGS. 

57 minutes ago, LTMcCord said:

So...collectors, if you want your variety coin certified I guess the only grading company that wants your business is PCGS. 

Nope. Anacs will also slab them.