• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Die cracks on Washington Quarters
1 1

42 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, errorist said:

Yes.. Roosevelt has become a Pinocchio classic these days.. :)

20210319_100231.jpg

Seems there are quite a few nose to rim cracks on a lot of different denominations. 

2 hours ago, Hoghead515 said:

Almost forgot @Fenntucky Mike. It's hard to see. You can really tell it under a microscope. I lied though. I said it was a 2021.  It's a 2020. Figured it be a cool one to put in a coin flip. Polish_20210319_193906021.thumb.jpg.caeda15224809261b2fa3da13a51ec80.jpg

Dem lines, dem lines, dem flow lines. Late die state. A bunch of the 2020P dimes I’ve run across are quite prooflike. 

Unlike in Pennsylvania, where finding any D coins in commerce is rare, here in Northern Alabama, cents and quarters are routinely found from both mints, while dimes and nickels are overwhelmingly Philadelphia. 

Edited by VKurtB

8 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Dem lines, dem lines, dem flow lines. Late die state. A bunch of the 2020P dimes I’ve run across are quite prooflike. 

Unlike in Pennsylvania, where finding any D coins in commerce is rare, here in Northern Alabama, cents and quarters are routinely found from both mints, while dimes and nickels are overwhelmingly Philadelphia. 

That's how it is here also. 

8 hours ago, VKurtB said:

That late die state is probably why it chipped then ain't it?  Thought it was a neat place to chip. Looks like Roosevelt has a booger.  

13 hours ago, Hoghead515 said:

Almost forgot @Fenntucky Mike. It's hard to see. You can really tell it under a microscope. I lied though. I said it was a 2021.  It's a 2020. Figured it be a cool one to put in a coin flip. Polish_20210319_193906021.thumb.jpg.caeda15224809261b2fa3da13a51ec80.jpg

LOL! That made my morning, one of the better placed die chips I've seen on these. Thanks HH! 

7 minutes ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

LOL! That made my morning, one of the better placed die chips I've seen on these. Thanks HH! 

Your welcome my friend. I figured it be worth keeping just for the heck of it. It would have been better if it were a tiny bit lower. But still good enough. 

Edited by Hoghead515