• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown gold coin
2 2

41 posts in this topic

This coin was found a few years ago in the ground while digging a garden. It has been sitting in the laundry room on a shelf ever since and still looks the exact same. This is the only picture I have right now, but will get more asap. I know it is a long shot, but can anyone tell what it could possibly be by this awful picture? I will post more pics and any other information I can as soon as I can. Thank y'all again😊

Screenshot_20200905-204733_Google(1).jpg

11 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Pictures of both sides along with weight and diameter might help in determining what you have.

I knew it would be a long shot without those. I just thought I would try. Thank you though and I will post them as soon as I can get them. 

Sharann, I must say that I enjoy reading your posts a great deal. I see that excitement and enthusiasm with a serious thirst for knowledge sprinkled with humor that often gets lost. Please never lose touch with these as this is what makes your posts so much fun to read. Thank you sincerely.

44 minutes ago, Ray, USMC said:

Stranger thing have happened and are well documented, I hope you find something good. I would bet the post would be wonderful to read.

Awe, thank you. It's kinda funny. I don't know much about any of this ( I AM learning though), but I always seem to have plenty to say about it, lol. I enjoy "listening" to y'all too, some more than others, lol. I am really having a great time just learning and trying to figure it out... All of it. That's why I am such a pain sometimes... I don't always know all the correct terminology to ask a question straight to the point so I have to go around the whole cornfield to get to the corncrib. By then, I may have either lost all my corn or somehow gained ten ears. My point being, my mind just goes so much faster than my little hands can type and I have so much to ask that it may come out to be a mess, then my question doesn't get answered because it wasn't properly asked. For that I do sincerely apologize. If ever there's something I need to clarify please let me know for both our sakes.

It would just be so much easier for me if I could see everybody face to face and you can see my hands, lol, they are very descriptive. 

Thanks again y'all and I'll say your welcome for another daily essay by Sharann 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

10 minutes ago, Ray, USMC said:

As I just said a joy to read, perfect. Stick around here and you will learn from some of the best people in the world of coins. Some are creative some are skilled and some may come off as critical but one thing they all do, and well, is help you get to the point you want to be. Some of us are older than dirt and yet we still try to learn everyday. I am more of a reader than a writer so I sometimes sit back and try to keep my learning in a forward motion. Never give up the quest. The people on this forum are, in my opinion, the finest in the world and that includes our host, NGC.

This one is gonna be short I promise... I think they are pretty great too... All of you! And if there is a hoard, I won't forget my friends. Lol

5 hours ago, ronnie stein said:

If it tests as gold, like they've said, tiller, metal detector, gloves, knee pads, back brace, etc... I'm glad you remembered that being up on the shelf. It's kind of exciting for all of us because it's what we've all dreamed/fantasized of, finding buried gold coins in the garden. Good luck. (Your place isn't for sale, is it?)  😁

Well, I'd have to find somewhere to put a bunch of horses if I left here, but if anything changes I will be sure to let you know right off the bat. 😊

20 hours ago, Sharann said:

This coin was found a few years ago in the ground while digging a garden. It has been sitting in the laundry room on a shelf ever since and still looks the exact same. This is the only picture I have right now, but will get more asap. I know it is a long shot, but can anyone tell what it could possibly be by this awful picture? I will post more pics and any other information I can as soon as I can. Thank y'all again😊

Sharan, I think I may have found a match for your coin.look at my side by side.

then the NGC info.

19F74A5B-0F6B-4E04-9EEE-5E148D2D1388.jpeg

234AFE8B-4937-408E-B77F-14D5EA30D8A7.jpeg

Edited by Mr.Bill347
Incorrect picture

21 hours ago, Sharann said:

Sharann forget the last post, I pasted the wrong picture in the post, I believe you have $20 gold eagle coin. Look at my side by side and the NGC info.

E6BC4DF6-3DB3-408C-88C9-3175AA426C76.jpeg

626DAAA1-9EB0-49A7-8C54-14B7A43BA89A.jpeg

D7F3D521-9A20-40D7-9E35-6E4828959747.jpeg