• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watch out buyers! Scammers are prowling!
1 1

9 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, MarkFeld said:

Huge quantities of counterfeits have been available for years. The recent price of silver likely has nothing to do with what you’re seeing.

I sure know. Once bitten twice shy.

IMG-0332.jpg

hmmm...ngc return label from a non-encapsulated coin superimposed on an encapsulated dollar of a different date.....really proves ur point since it was a non-point to start with...i guess?

29 minutes ago, zadok said:

hmmm...ngc return label from a non-encapsulated coin superimposed on an encapsulated dollar of a different date.....really proves ur point since it was a non-point to start with...i guess?

Look closely at the photo, the coin is posed or photoshopped into the holder.  Of note the coin is not in the prongs, this photo is bogus in every way.   To the op, shopping for coins on facebook is an almost guaranteed way to get burned.

1 hour ago, Coinbuf said:

Look closely at the photo, the coin is posed or photoshopped into the holder.  Of note the coin is not in the prongs, this photo is bogus in every way.   To the op, shopping for coins on facebook is an almost guaranteed way to get burned.

No sir, I slabbed it in a generic slab. I sent the coin by itself to grading and they determined it was counterfeit.  So the photo is for my bad experience only.. A reminder to me to verify the seller and weigh and measure any coin.

u should be more clear about whatever it is u r trying to point out, creating fake photos doesnt lend any credibility to ur efforts, rather it diminishes them....if ur orig point was that there r fake morgans out there...yes they have been out there literally for decades by the thousands, as accurately pointed out by markfeld....n then u threw in something bout the increased interest in silver into the discussion to further confuse ur point...the increase in silver price has little to nothing to do with the counterfeiting of the morgans, but creating fake photos to illustrate ur points will turn off almost every reader on the forum....there r a couple that mite think thats a good idea but no one gives them any credibility anyway.....

Thank u. Just pointing it out because I was had by a scam Morgan sent it in to NGC and they determined it was phony. I slabbed it myself in a spare slab to remind myself to be more cautious. Thank u for your comments.

Just to add. That really was the coin I sent in. The label actually had the correct date it does state 1895, but no matter it’s fake anyway. It was a beautiful coin. Weight and diameter was off.

Here is the way I got it back from NGC

IMG-3355.JPG

Edited by Mr.Bill347