• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Cycle

7 posts in this topic

I know this post is futile but it will make me feel better. I submitted coins for grading in December 2020. The package was delivered on 12/14. 15 days later it appeared on the Submission Tracking page, marked Received 12/29/2020. It is now January 18, 2021 and the submission is still in RECEIVED status. But that's not what bothers me especially. The received date has been changed from 12/29/20 to 1/4/21. I can only assume it was changed to improve the average time for a particular grading cycle. It would be nice, after 35 days to see my submission actually reach the next stage. I'm not getting any younger. Thanks. I feel a little better now. Larry

• Administrator

Dear LTMvCord,

Thank you.  I'm sorry that this is taking some time.  By chance did we need to reach out to you regarding questions about your submission?

Thank you,

Lisa

LTMcCord, this happens to my submissions quite frequently. Before the present backlog SNAFU, it was common to have my submission logged in and then about a week later the date would be moved forward by 5-7 days. One reason is coins needing conservation. Like you, I sent in modern foreign coins that arrived NGC 11/30 and these were logged in 12/31. I requested the coins be conserved before grading since they were encapsulated in non-NGC holders, which can also move the log-in date, so I don't expect graded coins for at least another 2-3 weeks. NGC process is now extremely slow and after much angst on my part, submitters can either go with the flow or just not send in coins at this time. Getting frustrated will not help move the coins through the grading and return process as I sent multiple messages during the month of December. Good luck and stay safe!

1 hour ago, Mactanboy said:

LTMcCord, this happens to my submissions quite frequently. Before the present backlog SNAFU, it was common to have my submission logged in and then about a week later the date would be moved forward by 5-7 days. One reason is coins needing conservation. Like you, I sent in modern foreign coins that arrived NGC 11/30 and these were logged in 12/31. I requested the coins be conserved before grading since they were encapsulated in non-NGC holders, which can also move the log-in date, so I don't expect graded coins for at least another 2-3 weeks. NGC process is now extremely slow and after much angst on my part, submitters can either go with the flow or just not send in coins at this time. Getting frustrated will not help move the coins through the grading and return process as I sent multiple messages during the month of December. Good luck and stay safe!

Thanks. I did not request conservation and now I'm glad I didn't. Moving the received date is not only frustrating it is deceitful on their part. Doesn't seem like a good way to conduct business. I am usually a patient man, but perhaps if more of us voice our dissatisfaction, NGC will take steps to move things along faster that a snail with Covid-19. Larry

On 1/18/2021 at 2:00 PM, LTMcCord said:

I know this post is futile but it will make me feel better. I submitted coins for grading in December 2020. The package was delivered on 12/14. 15 days later it appeared on the Submission Tracking page, marked Received 12/29/2020. It is now January 18, 2021 and the submission is still in RECEIVED status. But that's not what bothers me especially. The received date has been changed from 12/29/20 to 1/4/21. I can only assume it was changed to improve the average time for a particular grading cycle. It would be nice, after 35 days to see my submission actually reach the next stage. I'm not getting any younger. Thanks. I feel a little better now. Larry

Wow! I don't whether my post or my talk with Customer Service today had anything to do with it, but my submission was moved to the next status level today! Woohoo! Lisa, if you had a hand in this I thank you very much. Larry