• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 washington quarter error info
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hello, and welcome to the forum. Im not quite sure what you are asking about as far as an error, but I don’t really see anything out of the ordinary. Looks like a regular very circulated 73 quarter. What is it about the coin that makes you feel there is something different from a regular coin? And here is a little bit of advice before a lot of people start looking at this. You may want to rotate your pics so the coin is straight up so people can get a better look and you may also want to take a new pic on the top with out your fingers in the way. The detail of the coin isn’t too bad. Just trying to give you a head start. There is probably a hardcore quarter guy out there that will chime in if they see something. I’m not really seeing much though. You will have to be a little more specific with your question.  Give it some time. There are a lot of pros out there that will tell you if this is something worth your time. 

If you are talking about the bump behind Washington's head, that is a bubble caused by high heat.  Not a mint error, just damage.   Just noticed, this is your first post.  Welcome to the forum!

Edited by l.cutler

7 minutes ago, l.cutler said:

If you are talking about the bump behind Washington's head, that is a bubble caused by high heat.  Not a mint error, just damage.   Just noticed, this is your first post.  Welcome to the forum!

Ok I kinda see it now. I thought that was the reflection from the light source above.

Good job cropping them, though. While it's true that the end conclusion is there's nothing rare about the coin, and even if they weren't oriented, those pics were better than 80% of what we see with one easily remediable flaw. Quite good for your first post.