• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I finally found one! 1902 S morgan w/pics

13 posts in this topic

i have been working on a blast white 62 set and have gotten to the harder dates. I have looked for this date for months.  I paid full price but it was just calling out to me!  I am/was a peace guy but now i cant help but love the morgans.  

image.png

image.png

image.png

6 hours ago, RWB said:

Nice coin, scarce mint and a minty-flavored sticker, too!

:)

rwb,  do you think this may have been net graded 62 (it really looks 63 maybe) because it was dipped? but not ruined

2 hours ago, dollarfan said:

rwb,  do you think this may have been net graded 62 (it really looks 63 maybe) because it was dipped? but not ruined

Can't tell from the photos....give me a minute to enhance the obverse pic.

OK. Here's an enhanced detail from the obverse photo, above. There is clearly far too much surface damage to support a higher grade than that assigned. The mint flavor lozenge affirms that.

image.thumb.png.1ec28a2bfc919204ae3d23491d70150c.png

Edited by RWB

Its one to be proud of no matter the grade. I hope one of these days I will get the honor of adding one to my collection. Makes a person feel good to finally get hold of a coin they wanted for a long time. Im glad it finally happened for you. If I saw that coin and didn't know the grade I would think 63 or better. Its a sweet 62 for sure. I don't know a whole lot about grading but I've seen 63s that looked no where near that good on Ebay

19 minutes ago, RWB said:

Can't tell from the photos....give me a minute to enhance the obverse pic.

OK. Here's an enhanced detail from the obverse photo, above. There is clearly far too much surface damage to support a higher grade than that assigned. The mint flavor lozenge affirms that.

image.thumb.png.1ec28a2bfc919204ae3d23491d70150c.png

RWB thanks   that is amazing how you do that,  i only am able to post pics that somebody else took..  but....i do have 4 vintage OTT lights that i still cant take a good pic with.

All I did was modify the tonal scale to prevent details from being "washed out." That makes seeing surface irregularities easier. Here's your coin in a somewhat more 'dignified' pose.

image.png.9e45ff400a69d91f37320eb168b03441.jpg

Edited by RWB