• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guess the grade
1 1

30 posts in this topic

Im going to do one of those guess the grade deals on this 1947 S quarter. I got it at the same auction as the 1934. I think its kind of fun to see everyone take a guess at coins people post. Ill say yes or no as people guess. If anyone can guess for my bad photography skills. Polish_20210112_202516080.jpg.f85475d67bc769c1c13287369d416465.jpg

PS: I don't know what that line on his neck is. Kinda looks like a struck thru thread or something holding the coin in hand. Cant tell by pics but it runs up into his hair. Maybe an eye lash or something , cobweb, or maybe my lying eyes playing tricks on me. 

4 minutes ago, Woods020 said:

It’s not MS it doesn’t appear. Breast and hair show some wear. Curious to see where it graded out. 

Its very surprising. I dont think it looks near as good as the 34 in my personal opinion 

Edited by Hoghead515

7 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

Its very surprising. I dont think it looks near as good as the 34 in my personal opinion 

I strongly agree. The 34 you posted is nice. If anything under graded, although the reverse isn’t as great as the obverse. 

The more I look at this one the lower my guess goes. I just noticed the right wing tip. 

Someone much sharper than I will nail it I’m sure. 

9 minutes ago, Woods020 said:

I strongly agree. The 34 you posted is nice. If anything under graded, although the reverse isn’t as great as the obverse. 

The more I look at this one the lower my guess goes. I just noticed the right wing tip. 

Someone much sharper than I will nail it I’m sure. 

I agree. It is very weak. And that big thing on his neck looks like he's got in some of those ear bud deals my kids wear all the time. 

I believe the coin looks just a tiny bit over graded. Thats why I used to for an example to guess at on here. Comparing it to that 34 side by side it looks a whole lot weaker. 

I got here late but I'm not all that surprised by the grade, this coin seems to have a nice original skin and I am guessing that the coin has more color and underlying luster than the photos show.  Those are two things that do well in the PCGS grading room, nice addition to your collection.

Edited by Coinbuf

It does have a real pretty color to it. It was hard to capture in my photography. I couldn't get the right light angles. It has a really nice cartwheel effect to it when you turn it in the light.