• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is this the rare 1964

14 posts in this topic

It's an ordinary cent. No US coins dated 1964 are rare, scarce, unavailable, or special in any way, with the possible exception of accented hair proof halves. ...and there are plenty of them to go around.

Respectfully, that what you have is a Lincoln Head cent is self-evident. When you say, "wondering what I have here..." what was it you thought you had?  Were you attempting to elicit comments about its quite remarkable state of preservation, whether or not it is an SMS, or...

On 12/18/2020 at 12:51 PM, RWB said:

It's an ordinary cent. No US coins dated 1964 are rare, scarce, unavailable, or special in any way, with the possible exception of accented hair proof halves. ...and there are plenty of them to go around.

Since they are not special in any way, please send me all of your 1964 dated dimes, quarters and half dollars and I will gladly pay you face value plus postage...

Sorry...you'll have to pay bullion plus shipping and insurance....if I decode to sell.  But, I have only a couple of stray rolls bought when they were first issued.

But thanks for the offer! :)

4 hours ago, RWB said:

Sorry...you'll have to pay bullion plus shipping and insurance....if I decode to sell.  But, I have only a couple of stray rolls bought when they were first issued.

But thanks for the offer! :)

But you said there was nothing special about any of them, perhaps you should choose your words a bit more carefully.

8 minutes ago, jtryka said:

....perhaps you should choose your words a bit more carefully.

But you were the one who said, and I quote:  "I will gladly pay you face value plus postage..."  Forget 1964, are you aware a run-of-the-mill Wartime nickel is worth one dollar based on silver content alone?

My words were clear to any coin collector. There is nothing special about the 1964-dated coins. They are entirely normal for their date. The same applies to 1944 or 1945 nickels....now for 1943, we have to be a little more specific about alloy.

:)

Edited by RWB

10 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

But you were the one who said, and I quote:  "I will gladly pay you face value plus postage..."  Forget 1964, are you aware a run-of-the-mill Wartime nickel is worth one dollar based on silver content alone?

Yawwwnnnnn..

boring-emoji.png

Some background resources to review concerning 1964 Abe's:

1964 1C MS Lincoln Cents, Memorial Reverse | NGC (ngccoin.com) - great resource for any coin you want to dig deeper into

What's a unique 64 look like? This: From the Grading Room: 1964 Lincoln Cent Struck On a Coin of India | NGC (ngccoin.com) 

And...some 64s could be considered "special", like this former Top Pop 67 (NGC graded a 68 recently...), which I consider a pretty cool Abe! ;-) 

1964 D 1C | NGC (ngccoin.com)

Edited by Skittlez