• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 dimensional rays peace dollar

9 posts in this topic

All the reverse rays are approximate half-cylinders tapering to the end. Some have re-engraving. The obverse rays are more flattened ellipsoidal cylinders. All the inscriptions were intended to have rounded upper surfaces, but careless manufacture means most coins have flatness there. Note the rounded upper letter and digit surfaces on this 1921 Peace dollar.

[As an aside - notice the clarity/detail of the monogram.]

1921 upper surface.jpg

Edited by RWB
Fix formatting - as usual

On 12/13/2020 at 8:39 AM, Moxie15 said:

Ratzie is working on a book and the working title "The Complete Guide to Unknown and Non-existent Varieties and Errors

I actually chuckled, or as they say today - LOL.  Thanks for the humor!

i need this book.....  here i am holding out for a good 1915 - S  buffalo because i read somewhere that a joker named David Lange wrote something in one of the books that i read.  AND i am paraphrasing because i am not as eloquent of writer as he....."  hold out for a good sharp one because it looks like they may have used old proof dies......"  Does anyone have that link to Amazon???/