• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2000 D Massachusetts State Quarter error?

8 posts in this topic

I thought it was damage due to circulation but then I gave a closer look. I'm no expert by far but I do a lot of research to obtain as much knowledge as I can on currency. Other than music, I love and find coin collecting enjoyable and therapeutic. 

Thank you for the welcome. I appreciate the second opinion. The damage seemed odd to me as I've seen many coins damaged and I toss them back. Thank you for your information and observations.

Edited by Cash mike

Hey Mike, I love music and coins for the very same reason.  Im brand new to the site, but have investigated errors for about 5 years now.  I'm afraid I would have to agree with Cutler on this one.  There is no way to tell for sure, but I can recall seeing an error in a numismatic textbook that I seem to recall sharing similar properties.  My first reaction would be a collar-break, but it doesn't quite fit the criteria.  You've got a very fascinating coin there!  Good luck identifying it.

Sorry, but that does not look like a mint error. Looks like an abused coin. Worth 25 cents, unless it gets rejected by a vending machine or Coinstar machine. In that instance, it is worth zip.

Welcome to our happy little corner of the world ;)