• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1994 D Lincoln
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Please look at all the pics and make your own judgement. I am completely familiar with the 1994 Philly DDR showing doubling between the bays of the last two columns but this one is a Denver mint. It does not exhibit the same doubling as a Philly. Please pay close attention to the extra vertical column in the last bay, which is very well defined, and clearly goes the length from the roof to the floor. 

810F6A4E-B82D-48AF-8C70-6644E692EC2F.jpeg

06BAEDC7-F65B-4ADB-85DC-FFA7F447AE56.jpeg

D6DDF0FA-2F82-4AEE-AF4F-C1F840C0FB2D.jpeg

B227F3EC-F214-4CBF-9660-220C53513FA0.jpeg

0541AE2C-B4A3-42B6-B10A-3E8A6A755665.jpeg

29F414A9-61B8-44BD-A370-A52F6428B6DA.jpeg

6 hours ago, Moxie15 said:

<<groan>>

whatever.

Hello Moxie, I hope I didn’t raise your blood pressure to much this morning, my sincere apologies if so.
I tried to take the best pics possible, especially of what, to me, appears to be a well defined partial extra column in bay 11. The shiny lighting on the high points were unavoidable in order to obtain a decent pic of the definition of a potential extra column. I was hoping you would see, as well as other members too, that the column clearly extends from the roof to the floor. It is completely separate from the adjacent column to its left.
If everyone thinks it’s MD then so be it. I can’t convince myself on this one that it’s a product of MD or Die Deterioration as the column does not conform to the shape of its counterpart to its left . And no, I’m not trying to post frivolous stuff here on the forum and I never intentionally have. When I find something that I have a question about I will post it. By no means am I trying to “shove something” down someone’s throat to convince them I’ve found something of a first. Heck, I have even apologized in the past for posting something that was not worthy. I’m not afraid to apologize when corrected and will not continue to further a thread after the fact. I simply thought this was very odd and was looking for some professional and educational input. I value good manners and will only return the same, even in a joking manner 😁
I will be patient on this one and if others don’t see this Cent as I do then so be it, no big deal, water under the bridge so to speak. I’ve been correct on numerous finds......and I’ve been wrong on numerous finds. That’s what I feel this forum is about. 

1 hour ago, Moxie15 said:

I see what looks to be platting bubbles along the 'extra column' so I think you are looking at maybe some machine doubling along with plating issues.

Thank you very much Moxie. I can go with that explanation. It was just the clear definition of the lines forming what looked to be a partial extra column that completely got my attention. The bubble looking thing in the 10th bay I can see as more of a plating issue even though it is very round and robust (I’d pop it like a ballon if I could... lol). I know that plating issues can cause a consortium of issues that can be mistaken as other things and cause confusion. Thank you for your reply and explanation. 👍

19 hours ago, Greg Bradford said:

Thank you very much Moxie. I can go with that explanation. It was just the clear definition of the lines forming what looked to be a partial extra column that completely got my attention. The bubble looking thing in the 10th bay I can see as more of a plating issue even though it is very round and robust (I’d pop it like a ballon if I could... lol). I know that plating issues can cause a consortium of issues that can be mistaken as other things and cause confusion. Thank you for your reply and explanation. 👍

I have to be honest, Greg. I’m in this hobby for 58 years and I simply can’t imagine looking at what you look at on coins.

On 11/21/2020 at 10:50 AM, VKurtB said:

I have to be honest, Greg. I’m in this hobby for 58 years and I simply can’t imagine looking at what you look at on coins.

I once went through a bank bag of 1995 cents to find doubled dies..

its a sickness...xD

12 minutes ago, MAULEMALL said:

I once went through a bank bag of 1995 cents to find doubled dies..

its a sickness...xD

Yup.... 

On 11/21/2020 at 10:50 AM, VKurtB said:

Sometimes I question myself too VKurtB..... 

“I've gone so long, with so little, that if I had anything, it would still feel like I had nothing” 

Author: Unknown