• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A veterans day salute to all the brave men and women past and present that have and do serve in our armed forces

19 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

I would like to thank all my brothers and sisters who have worn the uniform, and especially to those that gave all in defense of our freedom.

17 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Amen. In the United States, this day honors all veterans, living and dead.

What they said.  

Semper Fi.

Edited by scopru

15 minutes ago, Ray, USMC said:

I for one will always have the utmost respect and gratitude for ALL veterans past and present who have and do serve to protect our great nation. Semper Fi.

Proud Marine Forever Grateful.

Amen to that Brother!

I agree Roger.  I think if veterans whined like some other groups there would be a much greater awareness of veteran issues.  That though is not a characteristic of the veterans class in general.  So the care is there, but it is not always easy to get to (distance) nor is it always timely from what I have experienced.

Edited by scopru

The youngest people in the USA to have been drafted into military service turn 66 this year. I am among the first class in which NO ONE was drafted, those born in 1955. 

On 11/12/2020 at 8:32 PM, RWB said:

We must really honor our collective promise to provide veterans with first-class medical and psychological treatment and cultural understanding.

The VA hospital system is mess.. I've been in the VA system since the Lejeune water poisoning story broke.. they say they were gonna take care of us but they haven't even taken care of the agent orange cases.. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Lejeune_water_contamination#:~:text=In February 2014%2C the Centers for Disease Control,including liver cancer%2C kidney cancer and ALS .

On 11/12/2020 at 8:32 PM, RWB said:

We must really honor our collective promise to provide veterans with first-class medical and psychological treatment and cultural understanding.

And maybe a smidgen of sensitivity training... "He's a war hero because he was captured.  I like people who weren't captured."

11 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

And maybe a smidgen of sensitivity training... "He's a war hero because he was captured.  I like people who weren't captured."

That piece of trash has a special place in the netherworld.. After all he is the one who worked to start the whole coup against America..

4 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

Yes!  It is a shame the condition VA hospitals are in.  That system should have been privatized decades ago.

The water got my liver so I have been doing studies for the VA to treat Hepatic encephalopathy.

You would not believe how much money is being thrown to the VA over this covid bull...