• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Foriegn planchet?

8 posts in this topic

Found this beat up cent that has foriegn design ,best view is in front of Lincolns nose which looks like a sun and then a ribbon off the top back of his head and ends above liberty ,the last spot is below the date design with a letter "p" .I'm sorry about the pics I'm waiting on a USB scope.It wieghs 3.1 g  18.98 width.I have tried to find info on it but couldn't find much.Anyone know about this type or if it's even worth it with the condition.

IMG_20201107_144332.jpg

IMG_20201110_195629.jpg

IMG_20201109_215901.jpg

I must say, it takes a fairly vivid imagination to decide a damaged corroded cent is a foreign planchet. Congratulations on that imagination. You need to be a Paperback Writer. 

Edited by VKurtB

1 hour ago, VKurtB said:

I must say, it takes a fairly vivid imagination to decide a damaged corroded cent is a foreign planchet. Congratulations on that imagination. You need to be a Paperback Writer. 

Hahaha great Beatles song!😎☘❤

,I didn't decide that's what the question mark means I just wanted to learn about what the design is from? It's hard to get the picture to see it ,I will have to wait till I get a better photo but there is clearly a design on it in front of his nose IMG_20201110_224259.thumb.jpg.58ec5d5ddfcaea25c96ae5bbf79aef0d.jpge

2 minutes ago, Coiname said:

,I didn't decide that's what the question mark means I just wanted to learn about what the design is from? It's hard to get the picture to see it ,I will have to wait till I get a better photo but there is clearly a design on it in front of his nose IMG_20201110_224259.thumb.jpg.58ec5d5ddfcaea25c96ae5bbf79aef0d.jpge

Roll it up. It's worth one cent.