• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this NT or AT.
1 1

38 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, brg5658 said:

So basically, you're too lazy to take good photos.  You have time to spend preaching on these boards to everyone about your infinite numismatic knowledge, but you can't set the white balance on a camera.  Makes sense. :facepalm:

As usual - I will wash my hands of this thread.  :hi:

Your post "smacks" of something "not right."  First, you attack the professionals at TPGS for playing guessing games.  I'm accused of preaching and having infinite numismatic knowledge, yet you have never answered a direct question so I'm not going to ask you to confirm what it looks like is going on. 

In spite of your attitude and shortcomings, I will not "ignore" you.  you are helping to revive the old girl.  Today must be the most active day in years.  What I will do is take your suggestion and see if anyone here can adjust the white balance on the camera I use.  <3  

21 hours ago, bsshog40 said:

If you're not going to post full pics, then the colors are AT to me and so is the other coin. That's my guess and it stands until I see the whole coin. Lol 

SELF EDIT:  No comment for now.  You have left off the most important part of your post.  What made you arrive at your opinion?

Well some toning throws me off as I'm not an expert in this area. The vibrant colors are what makes me think AT. Of course, toning is even more harder for me to determine when I can only see a small part of a coin. I'm starting to presume that the majority of your posts are suppose to be directed towards those that are true numismatists and not the average collector. I also presume that is some of the reasons for the responses that you are getting. 

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 9:32 PM, Insider said:

IMHO, there is enough in the image to take a guess - AT or NT.

Very early on, this was posted in the discussion.

I took it as a hint to disregard color. 

On 10/15/2020 at 7:28 PM, bsshog40 said:
   21 hours ago, bsshog40 said:

If you're not going to post full pics, then the colors are AT to me and so is the other coin. That's my guess and it stands until I see the whole coin. Lol 

SELF EDIT:  No comment for now.  You have left off the most important part of your post.  What made you arrive at your opinion?

Well some toning throws me off as I'm not an expert in this area. The vibrant colors are what makes me think AT. Of course, toning is even more harder for me to determine when I can only see a small part of a coin. I'm starting to presume that the majority of your posts are suppose to be directed towards those that are true numismatists and not the average collector. I also presume that is some of the reasons for the responses that you are getting. 

The colors on the coin are extremely close to the actual coin.  Those of you who guessed AT are correct.  Vivid colors as this or anything remotely close to these colors plus the pattern they are in SHOULD ALWAYS point to AT in spite of the .05% of identical looking coins that are NATURALY toned..  I've seen some that are very close to this.  Silver rounds in a bucket for years in a gas heated building.  There were cobwebs on the bucket opening SO I WOULD BE ONE OF THE ONLY professional graders/dealers who would call them NT!

The other reason I know this coin is AT because I toned it. 

On 10/15/2020 at 7:50 AM, Moxie15 said:

This is what I think, nothing more or less,....

This coin was purposely placed in the above mentioned environments in misguided attempts to better the coin.

With the exception of the above, an observation which speaks to motive unsupported by eyewitness testimony, surveillance camera footage and surmise or belief presented in the absence of sufficient evidence, I completely agree.

With the majority of members having consigned me to the heap designated, Ignore, I enjoy a luxury few have: I can express my thoughts without fear of unsolicited feedback and the annoyance of superfluous criticism.  Here goes...

I believe Ratzie33 and Insider share the same motivation.  Both produce their latest creations but the former insists his are unique cavalierly dispensing with expert opinion, while the latter, interested in what the professionals at large have to say, actively courts their opinions and appraisals and dismissiveness as long as a basis for the speculation is provided.

However, recently, the OP committed fatal error: he insulted the very people whose opinions he sought in a masterful meltdown accompanied by a motive which unlike Alex Trebek's --wherein he stated he had no choice but to prevail in his life or death struggle with end-stage cancer because he still had two years left to fulfill the terms of his contract hosting Jeopardy -- suggested his choice was little more than a Hobson's Choice. Harangue us endlessly with examples of ambiguous damage which, upon information and belief, could have been produced by any mad scientist so disposed to inflict it, or host his own "talk-show."  Trebek's entreaty was dry humor at it's best. The OP's motive... well, I leave that to you, dear reader, to discover and determine for yourself, elsewhere. Parting shot:  with the use of a coin as a prop, any manner of passive aggressiveness can be displayed.

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Korek spelchek