NGC Ancients Certifies Fabled 'EID MAR' Aureus of Brutus

4 posts in this topic

519 posts

Et tu Brute? One of the most legendary coins of the ancient world, which celebrates the murder of Julius Caesar, is being sold in late October. Read more

724 posts

No offense to you, Matt G, but we who loiter on the chat room threads are expressly forbidden from discussing "political" material.  I should also like to add -- entirely no fault of your own -- that the use of the word "celebrate" to describe a cold-blooded murder in a more acceptable or sanitized fashion, is most regrettable.  The coin itself is unquestionably "unique" in all respects, and I thank you for sharing it with the membership.

6,819 posts
10 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

No offense to you, Matt G, but we who loiter on the chat room threads are expressly forbidden from discussing "political" material.  I should also like to add -- entirely no fault of your own -- that the use of the word "celebrate" to describe a cold-blooded murder in a more acceptable or sanitized fashion, is most regrettable.  The coin itself is unquestionably "unique" in all respects, and I thank you for sharing it with the membership.

Ease up sQuint.... Matts packin....