• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940-D Jefferson Doubled Eye
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,  this has almost the same look as the 1943-P doubled eye. You can see another eye where its pointing down. If I'm wrong then what could that be. Just curious, what do you think on this one.

20200907_164942.jpg

20200907_165420.jpg

20200907_165500.jpg

Just now, Moxie15 said:

Have you checked out The Cherry Picker's guide?

Hi Moxie15, I don't have one of those yet. Would they have that on line to look through or do you have to buy the book.

Get the latest edition if you can afford it. I know they have risen quickly lately. If you are going to look for varieties you need the book. If you read it, heed it, and use it you will understand what you are looking for then you will have much more fun and a good idea of what is what.

18 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Look up the 1939 (Philly) DDR. It’s an interesting one.

Coincidentally, I just cataloged one in an old ANACS MS-65 5-steps holder - one of the few "modern" coins I really covet.

Just now, James_OldeTowne said:

Coincidentally, I just cataloged one in an old ANACS MS-65 5-steps holder - one of the few "modern" coins I really covet.

Was it not already the DDR on the slab?