• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1887- Victoria Dei Gratia
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Some of these I have is probably just worth melt value. I thought this was an interesting one also. Have no clue what I have or what I'm looking for  on these. But maybe someone has info for me. Thanks. 

20200902_072934.jpg

20200902_072905.jpg

I can't tell you exactly what it is but it was coined with England's Queen Victoria on it.  In Mint State I think this is one of the most well designed coins.  Good luck with it.

I do believe it may be a florin (two shillings) if it is significantly larger than a US quarter.

VKurt nailed it . It's a 1887 Florin from the UK. it is made of 22.6g of silver. Also the reverse is upside down, the date goes on the bottom.

FYI- Anytime you see a coin or stamp with one of the British Monarchs but has no country on it, it is from the UK.

1 minute ago, Greenstang said:

VKurt nailed it . It's a 1887 Florin from the UK. it is made of 22.6g of silver. Also the reverse is upside down, the date goes on the bottom.

FYI- Anytime you see a coin or stamp with one of the British Monarchs but has no country on it, it is from the UK.

True, but keep in mind that the K's that were U'ed changed from time to time. :nyah:

On 9/2/2020 at 8:31 AM, Greenstang said:

Hi greenstang, I'm doing some research on a few of the coin's I posted and I believe this coin isn't upside down. I believe the date is supposed to be on top. Here's a pic. 

20200910_120113.jpg

Hi greenstang, I'm doing some research on a few of the coin's I posted and I believe this coin isn't upside down. I believe the date is supposed to be on top. Here's a pic. 

Your right, I don't know what I was thinking. Must have had a brain cramp that day.

7 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Your right, I don't know what I was thinking. Must have had a brain cramp that day.

Ahahahah lol, it's all good. I get those alot. 

20 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

That. Only. Gets. Worse. 

Dammit.