• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which kind of box?

6 posts in this topic

I inquired about individual coin holders earlier (I appreciate the responses) but I'm also curious what kind of container forum members would recommend and believe are best for long term storage of coins if they are already properly individually sealed or in flips? Something inert like plastic, ...or wood, cardboard, metal, etc? How much difference do folks think it makes? I've had coins in small tins or canvas pouches and then stored inside wood cigar boxes for a while, but I know that old cigar boxes can sometimes secrete resin (or perhaps nicotine) as I had a watch in one for a couple of years and it made a mess out of it (needed to clean the sticky gunk off with isopropyl alcohol). Anyways, I trust the collected experiences of the members here. Thanks in advance. Steve

Edited by Ziemba727

2 hours ago, Coinbuf said:

This is my go to storage for my coins, Intercept  as a copper collector proper storage is important.  This may be over kill for your needs but also at that site are similar boxes that are more suited for 2X2's and flips.  For flips 

Right I thought I saw that some time ago but then couldn't find it. I appreciate you posting that link.