• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2016 5$ Canadian Silver Maple Leaf ERROR

9 posts in this topic

Got this Maple leaf coin from a dealer in 2017. As you can see it was struck-through a piece of tape. I would like to send it for grading to NGC, but I have no clue what I can sell it for. There is no Registry for Canadian Error Maple Leafs anywhere. I would like to hear your opinions. Thank you.

2016A.jpg

2016B.jpg

2016C.jpg

2016D.jpg

2016E.jpg

Edited by VadimD

A partial collar error on a 2013 $5 sold in April for $630. That's the only value reference point I could find quickly at Heritage. A minor curved clip sold on ebay for $99. I imagine you would get a premium for it from the right collector, but who knows how much.

Not to intrude on the OP's post, but at the same time watching and learning I need to ask. To me, from the picture of the edge, it would not appear to be a struck through. I would think if it was struck through the tape, the edge would not appear under the tape. 

Sorry if I am completely off base and any confusion.

Not to intrude on the OP's post, but at the same time watching and learning I need to ask. To me, from the picture of the edge, it would not appear to be a struck through. I would think if it was struck through the tape, the edge would not appear under the tape. 

Sorry if I am completely off base and any confusion.

The tape probably ran over the edge of the blank planchet and when it was struck, the collar left an impression of the reeding..

Someone told me it looks like bottom part of The Stanly Cup. Anyway, I will send it for grading soon or ask MCM if they are interested buying it from me. B|