• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody know when the ANA Registry is coming out?
1 1

60 posts in this topic

Alright, where is the ANA insider here? I'm wondering when the ANA Registry is set to come out, specifically.

Don't worry, I won't tell  Ellsworth or Kiick :roflmao:          

There has been no further information from NGC or the ANA as to a specific date.  As the first awards are set for next summers ANA show the general expectation is sometime in the first quarter of 2021, but that is really just speculation at this point.

RE:Anybody know when the ANA Registry is coming out?

The ANA Registry came out of it's hibernation burrow July 12, 2020. It saw its shadow and dived back in until the first snow flies. Several prairie dogs were witness and have since published the incident in the Prairie Dog Deseret News.

On 8/9/2020 at 2:20 PM, RWB said:

RE:Anybody know when the ANA Registry is coming out?

The ANA Registry came out of it's hibernation burrow July 12, 2020. It saw its shadow and dived back in until the first snow flies. Several prairie dogs were witness and have since published the incident in the Prairie Dog Deseret News.

We take our groundhog analogs very seriously here in the Commonwealth. Tread lightly.

17 hours ago, VKurtB said:

We take our groundhog analogs very seriously here in the Commonwealth. Tread lightly.

There are also "Digital Dogs" who instantly jump from hole to hole. "Analog Hogs" have to amble or scurry - depends on whether or not a big truck is coming.

18 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Is it not true that in days past they used to eat the hog after the shadow business?

People are going to have to accept that there are going to be a lot of disappointments now and in the near future until the Covid-19 is brought under control.

The cancellations, such as college football, are occurring on a daily basis and this surely will be our greatest exercise in patience and understanding.

2 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

People are going to have to accept that there are going to be a lot of disappointments now and in the near future until the Covid-19 is brought under control.

The cancellations, such as college football, are occurring on a daily basis and this surely will be our greatest exercise in patience and understanding.

A University of Chicago epidemiologist was on WGN-TV this morning saying she sees “back to normal” perhaps by the summer of 2025. She was not kidding.

8 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

I love you RWB

your friend Phil

RRY9koxs_400x400.jpg.e534567c136953442ec9c6deaa423e07.jpg

Hey Phil!

I got the logs a burning and some nice red coals....come on over for dinner. I'll supply good merlot wine and hors d'oeuvre. Hmmmm, mmmmm, them's southern eats !

17 hours ago, VKurtB said:

A University of Chicago epidemiologist was on WGN-TV this morning saying she sees “back to normal” perhaps by the summer of 2025. She was not kidding.

Wish I still received WGN. Ever been to the University of Chicago? Nice place - just wouldn't want to be there now.

I made a pilgrimage to U. of Chicago when it was the "mecca"of conservative economic thought, until they lost their collective minds. Milton Friedman eventually went off the rails.

Edited by VKurtB

20 hours ago, VKurtB said:

While I have the utmost faith in American ingenuity and our ability to rapidly solve problems I fear you may be right.  The 1918 Pandemic, AKA 'Spanish Lady' did not end completely by 1920 as some believe.  In minor cases it lingered on until 2009 when H1N1, in it's evolved form, broke out in the US as the 'Swine Flu'.  

3 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

While I have the utmost faith in American ingenuity and our ability to rapidly solve problems I fear you may be right.  The 1918 Pandemic, AKA 'Spanish Lady' did not end completely by 1920 as some believe.  In minor cases it lingered on until 2009 when H1N1, in it's evolved form, broke out in the US as the 'Swine Flu'.  

So the real question is this: How long do we stay cooped up and hunkered down before we throw up our hands in disgust and say, "Screw it! I'm just going to live my life! Come get me, you stinkin' virus! How bad you be's?"

I want the license to sell prophylactic doses of hydrochloroquine outside the Rosemont ANA conventions.

Edited by VKurtB

"How long do we stay cooped up"?  I guess as Governor 'Woof' keeps doing the 'Open Up' - 'No, close down agin'.  I don't think 1.  That anyone knows what they are doing and 2.  That there is anybody in charge.

:tonofbricks:

15 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

So the real question is this: How long do we stay cooped up and hunkered down before we throw up our hands in disgust and say, "Screw it! I'm just going to live my life! Come get me, you stinkin' virus! How bad you be's?"

I want the license to sell prophylactic doses of hydrochloroquine outside the Rosemont ANA conventions.

Take it easy there, VKurtB. Continue masking and social distancing.  Everything will work out and Rite-Aid's got your back.

RE: "I want the license to sell prophylactic doses of hydrochloroquine outside the Rosemont ANA conventions."

Just sell salt tablets. Just as effective and you can get a larger profit margin. Call them "herbal" and triple the price for more fun.

21 minutes ago, RWB said:

RE: "I want the license to sell prophylactic doses of hydrochloroquine outside the Rosemont ANA conventions."

Just sell salt tablets. Just as effective and you can get a larger profit margin. Call them "herbal" and triple the price for more fun.

My physician (an M.D.) says hydrochloroquine does work (early stage symptoms only)  and he takes it.

Edited by VKurtB

3 hours ago, VKurtB said:

5% of the people in my age group (60-69) and state, who tested positive, are DEAD. That's 1 in 20. I'm not ready to die with glass in my lungs and tubes down my throat - are you? We are at war. It's about time we admit that, and deal with it accordingly.

15 minutes ago, kbbpll said:

5% of the people in my age group (60-69) and state, who tested positive, are DEAD. That's 1 in 20. I'm not ready to die with glass in my lungs and tubes down my throat - are you? We are at war. It's about time we admit that, and deal with it accordingly.

And virtually every one of them was in a nursing home, if your state is anything like mine. Are you? I'm not. And I'm 65 and have many of the comorbidities that indicate danger. And I'm about fed up with hunkering down. You can call this "surviving"or "putting off the inevitable", but there's no way this qualifies as "living".

And we are at war with precisely whom or what? Nobody says with any specificity. 

Edited by VKurtB

3 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

"How long do we stay cooped up"?  I guess as Governor 'Woof' keeps doing the 'Open Up' - 'No, close down agin'.  I don't think 1.  That anyone knows what they are doing and 2.  That there is anybody in charge.

:tonofbricks:

If only there were nobody in charge. The Tom and Richard Rachel show is in charge, and that's the problem.

5 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

And virtually every one of them was in a nursing home, if your state is anything like mine. Are you? I'm not. And I'm 65 and have many of the comorbidities that indicate danger. And I'm about fed up with hunkering down. You can call this "surviving"or "putting off the inevitable", but there's no way this qualifies as "living".

And we are at war with precisely whom or what? Nobody says with any specificity. 

We are at war with a pandemic, duh. It will take a war footing to get out of this, if we really want to get out of it. Grab any excuse you want from your excuses bag. It doesn't take a genius to see where this "screw it" attitude has gotten us.

2 minutes ago, kbbpll said:

We are at war with a pandemic, duh. It will take a war footing to get out of this, if we really want to get out of it. Grab any excuse you want from your excuses bag. It doesn't take a genius to see where this "screw it" attitude has gotten us.

What additional measures are YOU interested in? What "war steps" do you recommend? I'm genuinely curious.

Edited by VKurtB

3 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

What additional measures are YOU interested in? What "war steps" do you recommend? I'm genuinely curious.

Look at Thailand, Taiwan, Vietnam, New Zealand, to a certain extent Australia, etc etc. We could have, and possibly still could, shut this thing down in a month if we had the commitment and some real leadership. I don't need to tell you what the "war steps" would be, just look at what the reasonably successful countries have done, and what a pathetic failure the US has been so far in comparison. We can put our precious "freedum" aside for a month and then stay on top of it. When we have a massive forest fire where I live, we don't just go "Oh well, stuff burns. I'm tired of being evacuated". We fight it and contain it until it's out.

4 minutes ago, kbbpll said:

Look at Thailand, Taiwan, Vietnam, New Zealand, to a certain extent Australia, etc etc. We could have, and possibly still could, shut this thing down in a month if we had the commitment and some real leadership. I don't need to tell you what the "war steps" would be, just look at what the reasonably successful countries have done, and what a pathetic failure the US has been so far in comparison. We can put our precious "freedum" aside for a month and then stay on top of it. When we have a massive forest fire where I live, we don't just go "Oh well, stuff burns. I'm tired of being evacuated". We fight it and contain it until it's out.

Utter foolishness. None of those places are able to sustain those numbers long term. As long as "human fuel" remains, this virus will burn. The only thing that changes is precisely WHEN. The ONLY thing that can or will stop this is something approaching herd immunity infection levels.

Edited by VKurtB

28 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Everything I have read about Spanish Lady, and it has been extensive, suggests that they overcame the 1918 Pandemic in the same way as we are doing today.  They wore masks, practiced social distancing and stayed at home.  Every survivor interviewed says the same thing:  "People became infected and then they became immune or they died."  It appears the major attack of H1N1 fizzled out in 1920-21.  So, you are pretty close to what you said earlier.    

Edited by Alex in PA.

1 minute ago, Alex in PA. said:

"People became infected and then they became immune or they died." 

Yes, this. Be prepared. This is what it might have to come down to. There is no "right to a cure" if only we hate the current leadership enough.