• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boone 1937 Commemorative P-D-S proofs – technical corrections
1 1

94 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, RWB said:

But -- "flattery" is, itself, insincere; so there cannot be a "sincerest form of flattery" unless one is humiliating the comment recipient.

[I don't know that I, a rank amateur and alleged troll, am capable of humiliating anyone, plausibly, and certainly not those clearly superior to me such as yourself, well-grounded, erudite --  and unflappable.  Fortunately, I have neither the desire nor inclination to re-arrange the pecking order on this Forum.  That's better left to the seasoned experts and consummate professionals.  I believe VKurtB knows I have nothing but the utmost respect for him.]

Actually, I don’t care. I don’t do this to be liked. I do it ti share information. 

On 8/15/2020 at 12:46 AM, VKurtB said:

Actually, I don’t care. I don’t do this to be liked. I do it ti share information. 

Negative. Negative. And negative.  You do care.  You subconsciously seek attention and validation from your peers. And you wouldn't be taking every innocuous fringe post as a personal affront if your motive were simply to share information. The traits you cite more accurately describe ME!

On 8/14/2020 at 2:48 PM, James_OldeTowne said:

Didn't Sheldon propose eleven grades for UNC?

I don't have my copies of Early American Cents  and Penny Whimsy available, but I believe in the 1949 EAC he only used 60, 65 and 70, and I don't believe he ever actually used 70.  In the 1958 Penny Whimsy he may have expanded to use of 63 and 67, and I'm still not sure he ever actually used 70.  That was as far as Sheldon took it.  All the other grades were courtesy of PCGS.  Before PCGS even the ANA "Sheldon system" never went beyond 60, 63, 64, 65, 67, and 70.