• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960 Penny mystery.

7 posts in this topic

Do u think this might be a 1960 sm/lg

Date.....I know that that the only 1960 penny that were suppose to have that variety is with mint mark...

But this looks might close to me ....any info helps 

Is this even a grade worthy coin20200626_123623.thumb.jpg.a045493933e0ce2ee3f5d4c86457280a.jpg20200626_123748.thumb.jpg.0e41a86f4c717cc7b0957857087070ac.jpg

I think it sm over lg date 19 looks like a sm and 60 looks like large date  0 oval instead of round..

Looks like a small date gap and large date touching...

Not a Small over Large Date . See supplied photo of genuine one. Your coin shows none of the markers required plus it does not have a D mint mark.

Nice pictures though.

1960 small over large.jpg

Edited by Greenstang

14 minutes ago, Brad adams said:

I think it sm over lg date 19 looks like a sm and 60 looks like large date  0 oval instead of round..

Looks like a small date gap and large date touching...

You are not correct this is from "The Lincoln Cent Resource"

The top of the 1 in the Small Date is level with the top of the 9.  In the Large Date the top of the 1 is below the top of the 9

The coin you have in your op photos the 1 is below the top of the 9, you have a lg date and that's all it is.  But if your convinced please send it in, its your money and your education.

Edited by Coinbuf