• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real AR denarius?

11 posts in this topic

Weighs 4 grams. Had it spectroscopically rested it is 100% silver. Has metal flow lines, hammered coin no seems. Need some help I can’t get past the Elvis dew.

550D66D9-4530-4768-9198-E0D420E5EDF8.jpeg

2FFA9E13-29A8-4225-AE95-684E92010638.jpeg

Notice the metal flow lines emanating from the right field indicating the coin was formed while hot allowing the metal to flow.

CB12AD72-2876-4B6F-B249-F2B82664678A.png

Edited by Ratzie33

I’d like some help determining its authenticity because if it’s not as described I’m returning her.

26EAD762-DF7F-4BEE-AC36-9DB47073C3C1.jpeg

Edited by Ratzie33

I don't collect this type of material, but just seeing it I have all kinds of alarm bells going off saying "Stay away!"  I can't articulate why, but I think it is a fake.

I could not find any Roman coins with a laureate bust of Caesar Donaldo Trumpio....Although that might explain the phony hair. Maybe I'm using the wrong catalog?

Edited by RWB

Have to agree with Condor101 - Does not look "right." 100% silver is truly strange. A quick search of inscriptions did not turn up any matches.