• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 Lincoln penny with Rotated die

6 posts in this topic

I961 Lincoln penny I think this has some strong doubling in date and liberty especially it's rotated die about 30 percent rotated is this a penny that has a premium value possibilities....

20200609_231106.jpg

Hard to judge anything from these images. The coin is already rotated counter clockwise in the holder in the obverse image, and the reverse image shows no context from which to judge a rotation. Generally I don't think rotations less than 30 degrees get any attention. What doubled die variety do you think it is? There are a dozen of them on Wexler. Once you've found the variety, or one that's close, what evidence can you find that the variety has any "premium value"? I guess my response falls into the "teach a man to fish" category. These are the questions that anyone who responds on value would have to answer. 

I cannot discern any doubling in the areas you have indicated from your photos, I also think the overall condition of the coin will factor into what amount of premium (if any) can be expected.

23 hours ago, Coinbuf said:

I cannot discern any doubling in the areas you have indicated from your photos, I also think the overall condition of the coin will factor into what amount of premium (if any) can be expected.

I just knew that it was different and wasn't real sure what it was......the grade of the coin probably xf+ maybe low Au

Just now, Brad adams said:

I just knew that it was different and wasn't real sure what it was......the grade of the coin probably xf+ maybe low Au

Its

brilliant on obverse with some spots on reverse