• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 quarter

6 posts in this topic

I think I have found a good error coin.  If you notice the darkness on his chin ...makes him look like he has a beard. Maybe this isnt an error m, but I have never noticed it before on a coin.  The date has errors and it looks like LIB is right above it.  Errors in liberty with the crack or whatever it is.  Along with the smudges.  I'm not too familiar with the proper vocab when it comes to counseling  please forgive me. Also, the s in trust looks like it was a 6 or something with the s over it.  But, if I could get some feedback after looking st the coin, I'd appreciate it.  I feel fortunate to find this coin, especially right now.  I could use the money do if this is worth anything, that be sweet.  Thank you20200525_053702.thumb.jpg.ca34a9fdad8fe1a74bd995554dcc058e.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't see anything--on the only side you showed us--that is a mint error. I see a worn quarter with a medium scratch across the date, some parts of concentric circles suggesting rotary damage, post-mint tarnish on the jaw and neck, some bad rim dings, and a lethal gouge near the top. It is worth $0.25.

Welcome to the forum. The guys are correct. Unless the reverse has something special about it, it is just a worn, beat-up quarter. And, even though it is over 50 years old, that year is still found frequently in circulation.

Edited by Just Bob

Thank you for your comments.  I was mislead one few things I thought were errors.  That's why I found a forum. I appreciate it.  The s in trust isnt even a mint error?  If you zoom in it still looks like it was a 0 or 6.  I thought it was a double die????

1 hour ago, Armymom2011 said:

Thank you for your comments.  I was mislead one few things I thought were errors.  That's why I found a forum. I appreciate it.  The s in trust isnt even a mint error?  If you zoom in it still looks like it was a 0 or 6.  I thought it was a double die????

Nope. While the photo isn't well enough cropped for us to see very well, what I see is damage. That is consistent with the rest of the suffering this quarter's been through.

A doubled die is a very rare condition and probably 80% of the posts here are modern coins with mechanical doubling (happened in striking) rather than doubled dies (happened to the die itself and affected every coin struck with that die). Mechanical doubling is so common that most people could find several examples in a roll, and not only is it not a valuable rarity, if anything it's a detractor from value. Good news here is the coin's still worth a quarter despite its abusive past relationships.