• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC Certifies Bag of First Day of Issue 1964-D Kennedy Half Dollars for Rare Collectibles TV

9 posts in this topic

It wouldn't hurt my feelings any if one of those happen to make it's way to my mailbox, just sayin'. :)
 I had just picked up 2 sets of 1965-67 MS67's the other day trying to put something together that will also have a 2015 W G$10 Jacqueline Kennedy PR70 dcam within a circle of Kennedy Halves.

Xmas is only let's see, how far off ? haha

I have watched the show for some time now, I have never seen anything on Rick's show, that I could not find the same thing cheaper elsewhere. In my ANA grading classes, we discussed TV coin sales, and some of the top brass in the coin world,were all against it as far as value for your money. This might be one exception, we will just have to wait and see. Kennedy's are still a dime a dozen in my area and I have thousands of them.

Checking the verification of the MS 65 FDI yields a population of 136 at MS 65 and 4 graded higher.

Can it be assumed the remaining 1,860 are graded MS 64 and lower? 

Checking the verification results of  the Choice BU FDI  yields "In 63:0" and "In higher Grades:140".

Now wait a minute...I have a 1964-P (Philadelphia) Kennedy half dollar that was gifted by President Lyndon B. Johnson. His letter reflects the date of March 24, 1964. Does this mean I have in my possession a Philadelphia FDI version?

I wrote a journal a few days ago on this coin. 

https://www.ngccoin.com/boards/blogs/entry/11571-what-about-my-1964-p-kennedy-half-dollar-first-day-issue/

lbj1_set.jpg

If you sent it in they just might slab it as first day, butt hat would mean removing it from its documentation, which I think is way cooler.