• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about a Big Part of Our Hobby Tokens. There more Beautiful Than some Modern Coins. Im Talking Conder Tokes Over 250 years Old MS 63 To MS 66 Red Brown Proof like why not?

4 posts in this topic

How about a big part of our hobby. Tokens. Civil War. And Condor tokens over 270 years old more beautiful than modern coins. Mine grade MS 63to MS 66 there are some Red Brown And Proof like.  Like i said better than some modern coins and some very expensivs. I have a rare set 223 years old complete it would give some modern coins a run for there money. Why. Because you cant put a price on them. Look at the auctions!! Thanks Mike

Edited by MIKE BYRNE

• Administrator
1 hour ago, MIKE BYRNE said:

How about a big part of our hobby. Tokens. Civil War. And Condor tokens over 270 years old more beautiful than modern coins. Mine grade MS 63to MS 66 there are some Red Brown And Proof like.  Like i said better than some modern coins and some very expensivs. I have a rare set 223 years old complete it would give some modern coins a run for there money. Why. Because you cant put a price on them. Look at the auctions!! Thanks Mike

We appreciate your interest, Mike.

At this point, these tokens may be entered into a Custom NGC Registry set. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

It sounds like Ali interpreted this as a request to make a competitive set for condor tokens and/or civil war tokens. Hopefully that was what you were actually asking about. This idea has actually been brought up many times before.

The biggest problem I think you or NGC would have in making a set of this would be deciding which varieties / types / slots to put into such a set and deciding what tokens would be eligible for each slot. I don't think that would be nearly as simple and straightforward as many people seem to think and it would probably result in an unreasonably large set. I think that's why they keep responding to the idea with "make a custom / signature set." And it's worth noting, as I did one of the last times that this came up, that several people have done just that and some of those sets have won major signature set awards. So... it's not like really great and cool sets of condor tokens and civil war tokens aren't getting made in the registry. They are! You just maybe have to be willing to look for them.

In case you're curious, here are links to three nice civil war token sets I've seen before and linked others to:.

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/CoinCustomSetView.aspx?s=10287

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/wcm/CoinCustomSetView.aspx?s=15784

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/wcm/CoinCustomSetView.aspx?s=1354

Hopefully you can enjoy looking at those! Civil War tokens are an interest of mine too.

One of these days I'd love to get into them more but I need to finish some other things first. I very briefly had my own custom set for some graded civil war tokens I have but it was tiny, unimpressive, and I deleted it because I had no spare time and energy for it and looking at it made me sad. lol 

You do not judge these tokens on varities none were ever judge on modern coins there judged on there own merit. There beauty ,there detail the color.the proof like. The story behind them thats how there judged. On complete sets by die sinkers. One of the ones of George Washington MS 60 sold for.25,000 dollars. There also judged on grade. . They go for 40.00/up to thousands. They saved Britain from bankrupcy. They are a big oart of our hobby. Take care. Mike