• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a 1982 penny that is worth anything?

15 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Greenland said:

3 and it has a die crack between the "e" and "d" in united?

We can really evaluate that with great ease since you went to the trouble of posting the reverse as well.

Oh, wait. Never mind. My mistake.

13 minutes ago, Greenland said:

the die crack is irrelevant if i can't verified it's weight.. lollol

Not necessarily. There were over 10.7 billion small date cents (that is both metals types combined), minted in Philadelphia [no-mint mark cents were also minted in West Point and San Fransisco,and are included in this number, but that is irrelevant for for this discussion] that year, and neither type is scarce. The die crack is the only thing that might raise the value over face.

Scale isn't good enough to get an accurate weight.  Only weighs to the nearest gram which isn't precise enough to tell a zinc and copper cent apart.  It is a Philadelphia issue so the only chance of any premium is I believe a DDR.  You would need some clear rev images, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

i know.. i hate this scale.. let me know where i can get one that is correct.. please explain the double die.. I have look on this one and didn't find any but i post a nickel which i truly believed was doubling and it wasn't. This is the most funny i have had in years.. lollol which in retrospect is pretty sad.. lollol 

Edited by Greenland
spelling

2 hours ago, Greenland said:

i know.. i hate this scale.. let me know where i can get one that is correct.. please explain the double die.. I have look on this one and didn't find any but i post a nickel which i truly believed was doubling and it wasn't. This is the most funny i have had in years.. lollol which in retrospect is pretty sad.. lollol 

I have one like this.

it's not a 1982 d but I'm still looking. I think i just found a very good DD 1982 d.. It take me awhile to put them up because of the junk i have to work with.. lollol. I did order a new scale.. so i am learning.. I will be put pic up very soon. thank you for all your help.