• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie found a original sealed 1998 Small Date Panda 1/10 and is lost now

3 posts in this topic

I just found out that I apperently own a original sealed Gold Panda 1998 Small Date 1/10. [Picture 1]

https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/chinese-coin-prices-detail.aspx?ChineseSetID=845

I also found out that the red dots on the coin are a common problem, but luckily most of that is on the back side I guess. [Picture 2&3]

I have no idea about coins at all, other than the gold value. Apperently its quite rare with just 8502 coins ever minted and many are destroyed.

What should I do with that? Does grading or conserving make sense in this case?

CoinPic_1.jpg

CoinPic_2.jpg

CoinPic_3.jpg

Edited by sappel

With pictures that tiny and full of that much non-coin clutter, not much can realistically be done.

Looking at the title, I thought you had found a coin and then lost it.

But, on the subject of the post: it is impossible to form any accurate opinion on the condition of your coin, using pictures that small and far away. If you feel like it may be worth more than a couple of hundred dollars, you might want to send it in for grading.