• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 sms set?

12 posts in this topic

It's an aftermarket holder - not mint made. The coins may not even be from the same mint set, or, for that matter, any mint set. They may have been pulled from rolls, or elsewhere.

Nice looking coins, though, from what I can see.

Edited by Just Bob

It's Ratzie33. This is kinda his thing, coming up with big nothings that he promotes as somethings.

Yes, by all means, dream big, but let's not get all ridiculous here, shall we? These sets are not just out there waiting to be discovered. They have known provenances and pedigrees. Why that's so hard for some to wrap their brains around just frosts my cookies.

39 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Yes, by all means, dream big, but let's not get all ridiculous here, shall we? These sets are not just out there waiting to be discovered. They have known provenances and pedigrees. Why that's so hard for some to wrap their brains around just frosts my cookies.

True, but you must also admit that you have rather frost-prone cookies to begin with, all over matters beyond your ability to influence and within your ability to avoid. As for me, I long ago started hiding the posts of anyone I found to be a dip*spoon*, a bridge-under-dweller, or who otherwise just declined to get it. Life's short.

1 hour ago, JKK said:

True, but you must also admit that you have rather frost-prone cookies to begin with, all over matters beyond your ability to influence and within your ability to avoid. As for me, I long ago started hiding the posts of anyone I found to be a dip*spoon*, a bridge-under-dweller, or who otherwise just declined to get it. Life's short.

Sage advice, only problem is that with so few members/posters there wouldn't be many posts to read by the time you block the dips.

2 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

Sage advice, only problem is that with so few members/posters there wouldn't be many posts to read by the time you block the dips.

Addition by subtraction. One can still choose to view them if one gets bored or just feels in the mood to weigh in.

People who remain silent in the face of disinformation are nearly as responsible for the dissemination of that disinformation as the original perpetrators. Truth badly needs a huge cadre of defenders. 

1 hour ago, VKurtB said:

People who remain silent in the face of disinformation are nearly as responsible for the dissemination of that disinformation as the original perpetrators. 

That's one of those statements that sounds so good most people won't stop to examine it and find what's wrong with it.

Edited by JKK