• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2000 penny error
1 1

4 posts in this topic

It's either a 2000 or 2008. I'm pretty sure 2000. So what would this be considered as. Can't find nothing about it. I don't think that would be a grease die. Really interesting piece. 

20200218_191035.jpg

20200218_191101.jpg

Weak strike / die adjustment and strike throughs errors are difficult on non reeded edge coins but your coin has Erica and cent fairly proud so I'm going to say struck through filled die nice find 

2 hours ago, B.C said:

Weak strike / die adjustment and strike throughs errors are difficult on non reeded edge coins but your coin has Erica and cent fairly proud so I'm going to say struck through filled die nice find 

Thank you B.C. 

Grease filled dies, not weak strike or die adjustment.  Note the very strong rims,  They are about the last features that form so they would not be strong aon a weak strike or die adjustment.  But the grease, although it keeps the detail from striking up, acts as "extra" material between the dies which INCREASES the striking pressure resulting in the strong rims.