• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1957 D Penny Way Off Strike Error

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys just thought i would share this coin that i have and see what you guys think of it 

Edit: Thanks guys, but I can't take credit for this find the person who found this was my grandpa he found it over 35 years ago the way he found it is pretty funny to me has been a collector all his life and he would always go to multiple banks and buy rolls of coins to find something like this but one day he went into the bank and one of the workers that knew him said hey, take a look at this do you think it's worth anything and my grandpa played it cool and said that's worth nothing and he said it would make a good conversation peace and that he would give the guys 5 bucks for it and long story short he got it for 5 bucks.

download.jpg

download1.jpg

Edited by UniversalModder

18 minutes ago, Kirt said:

Ooops. Someone in quality control appears to have been asleep. Based on the picture, I'd send that in for authentication.

why? Does it look fake to you?

4 hours ago, Moxie15 said:

why? Does it look fake to you?

No, not at all! It's neat; I'm not an error collector but a lot of folks are. Some errors like that can get CRAZY in terms of auctions; that's what I'm basing my recommendation on. Of course, there's also the duds.

I see nothing that tells me it is fake.

Thanks guys, but I can't take credit for this find the person who found this was my grandpa he found it over 35 years ago the way he found it is pretty funny to me has been a collector all his life and he would always go to multiple banks and buy rolls of coins to find something like this but one day he went into the bank and one of the workers that knew him said hey, take a look at this do you think it's worth anything and my grandpa played it cool and said that's worth nothing and he said it would make a good conversation peace and that he would give the guys 5 bucks for it and long story short he got it for 5 bucks.