• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Congratulations Sets are they worth collecting?

8 posts in this topic

Evening everyone. I’m a bit new to collecting and was wondering if there was a benefit to collecting the Congratulations Set? Given that they are the same proof coins and just carry the name. Any thoughts?

Edited by Alberto
Wrong wording.

There is a dealer on eBay who just sold all of his 226 sets for $139.00 a set so I think that would be a good average price as to what they are selling for now.

Hard to say if there is any benefit to collecting them, nobody can say for sure if the prices will go up or down in the future

Edited by Greenstang

Are they the same? I doubt it. Typically, they contain only one quarter, not all 5 from that year.

From my perspective, I've seen some people want the different packaging, and paperwork examples, and other people just want the coin.  I guess if you like the packaging, then yes, it's worth collecting, if you don't care then just buy the coin.  If you're buying to resell later for a profit, then no, they're not worth collecting.