• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6PL = Prooflike 6 Full Steps?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Is that what 6PL stands for?  I couldn't find it in the Glossary.  Would it be accurate for the 1995 D 5c that a 6PL coin is worth less points than a straight 6FS?

image.thumb.png.5ecdd58323ca5e063ff6e06c6950104a.png

On 1996 D 5c, it's worth 50 varying points more it seems.  I also noticed that 1994 P has 2 6PL in the census but no corresponding registry table for them.  That's the extent to which I've compared it.

Edited by CRAWTOMATIC
point reference on 1996 D

• Administrator
1 hour ago, CRAWTOMATIC said:

Is that what 6PL stands for?  I couldn't find it in the Glossary.  Would it be accurate for the 1995 D 5c that a 6PL coin is worth less points than a straight 6FS?

image.thumb.png.5ecdd58323ca5e063ff6e06c6950104a.png

On 1996 D 5c, it's worth 50 varying points more it seems.  I also noticed that 1994 P has 2 6PL in the census but no corresponding registry table for them.  That's the extent to which I've compared it.

Hello, and thanks for the interest.

The NGC Coin Explorer website displays coins that may have different attributions/varieties than your specific coin/certification number in question. The Explorer may also be displaying a "Type" score (for US coins.) To determine the score of a coin, you will need to go to the actual NGC Registry set in question. Please click here.

Edited by Ali E.

That's even more interesting then.  I would've imagined the Coin Explorer tables and the Registry tables to be linked.  At least in regard to the Registry point values.

Looking at the set titled "Jefferson Nickels 1938-Date, Circulation Issue" and the Eligible Coins only certain coins show to have a 6PL value included.  

1992D 6PL - census shows 2 - Coin Explorer and Registry Eligible Coins both show a value for 6PL (higher than 6FS)

1993D 6PL - census shows 5 - there is a corresponding Registry value for 6PL but oddly it's more than 6FS in MS65 and then less than the 6FS in MS66

1994P 6PL - census shows 2 - neither Coin Explorer or Registry Eligible Coins show a value add for 6PL

Looks like 1995D 6PL had the score updated in Coin Explorer this morning.  Though not reflected in the Registry Eligible Coins list yet.

No worries.  I don't own any of these coins anyhow so no dog in the fight.  Just a trend I noticed that's leading down a rabbit hole.

Thanks.

• Administrator
20 hours ago, CRAWTOMATIC said:

That's even more interesting then.  I would've imagined the Coin Explorer tables and the Registry tables to be linked.  At least in regard to the Registry point values.

Looking at the set titled "Jefferson Nickels 1938-Date, Circulation Issue" and the Eligible Coins only certain coins show to have a 6PL value included.  

1992D 6PL - census shows 2 - Coin Explorer and Registry Eligible Coins both show a value for 6PL (higher than 6FS)

1993D 6PL - census shows 5 - there is a corresponding Registry value for 6PL but oddly it's more than 6FS in MS65 and then less than the 6FS in MS66

1994P 6PL - census shows 2 - neither Coin Explorer or Registry Eligible Coins show a value add for 6PL

Looks like 1995D 6PL had the score updated in Coin Explorer this morning.  Though not reflected in the Registry Eligible Coins list yet.

No worries.  I don't own any of these coins anyhow so no dog in the fight.  Just a trend I noticed that's leading down a rabbit hole.

Thanks.

We have checked the Jefferson scores you mention in the Registry. They should be appearing properly and with correctly balanced values. If you see any discrepancies, please let us know.

RE: "Looking at the set titled "Jefferson Nickels 1938-Date, Circulation Issue" and the Eligible Coins only certain coins show."  - This just means no one has entered a different type of coin in that particular slot yet.

Thank you.