• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Receipt of NGC Plaque and $500 grading credit?

6 posts in this topic

I can't speak for the certificates personally but as far as the plaques go, my experience says we normally get them between Late March and Late April.

I'm a member of the Executive Committee for a local professional organization that gives out several plaques every year for various awards and events. Whenever we pick a winner and order the plaque we have to give the company that makes the plaque 5 weeks to fill the order. That's one of the reasons why we always have the nominations cut-off in Early May for an award we give in early October. So the Late March to Late April time frame I usually see from NGC is pretty on-the-ball for something like that.

Edit to add: Do yourself a favor and check the mailing address information on your account NOW to make sure it's up to date. If you're like me, I've had something like 4 or 5 mailing addresses in the ~12 years I've been a member here - College, grad school and starting careers and families will force you to move a bit.

Edited by Revenant

• Administrator
On 1/13/2020 at 7:28 AM, Master Of Coinage said:

Hello,

I was awarded a "Best Presented Set" award for the NGC Registry Competition . Thank you SO MUCH. I am humbled and honored. My question is when will I be receiving the plaque, and when (if ever) does the $500 grading credit expire?

Thank you again!!

Congratulations, Master of Coinage, and thank you for your support of NGC!

It does take time for the company to compile the award lists, order the personalized plaques, and have them shipped. It will most likely be April. We will post on the chat boards when we have a better idea of ship dates. 

***Typically, the grading credits are good for a year.

Edited by Ali E.

On 1/13/2020 at 8:02 AM, Ali E. said:

It does take time for the company to compile the award lists, order the personalized plaques, and have them shipped. It will most likely be April. We will post on the chat boards when we have a better idea of ship dates. 

It's worth reviving this thread to say I got my plaque in the mail today! And on that note:

WOW! You guys and gals rocked it this year! I don't think I've ever gotten the plaques this quickly. The plaque is here before the certificates!

• Administrator
17 hours ago, Revenant said:

I also wanted to say that I was impressed by how well it was packed.

We appreciate the feedback, Revenant! Thanks!  :smile: