• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 Full Bell?

3 posts in this topic

Depends where you sent it to be graded.

NGC requires all  lines to be full whereas PCGS only requires the bottom lines to be full.

To me your coin doesn't look like either set of lines are full. The top lines look incomplete to the left of the crack and the bottom lines don't run to the edge on the right side. This is just my opinion though, maybe someone else will have a different opinion.

Third party grading services PCGS and NGC both attribute Full Bell Lines as “FBL” on their holders. In order to receive the designation, PCGS requires the coins to exhibit complete, uninterrupted lower lines on the Liberty Bell. NGC has a higher standard for the designation, requiring all six lines (upper and lower sets) to be fully visible.

In general, the grading services will allow a few marks across the lines as long as they do not disturb the continuity of the lines. Slight incompleteness is also generally allowed just to the left or right of the vertical crack in the Liberty Bell within a measure of 1/64 of an inch.

WIN.jpg

8 hours ago, Greenstang said:

Depends where you sent it to be graded.

NGC requires all  lines to be full whereas PCGS only requires the bottom lines to be full.

To me your coin doesn't look like either set of lines are full. The top lines look incomplete to the left of the crack and the bottom lines don't run to the edge on the right side. This is just my opinion though, maybe someone else will have a different opinion.

WIN.jpg

Thank you for your assessment. I guess I still have a lot to learn and my eye for detail needs a lot of work. thanks