• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why would my points on a set drop 3000+ points.

5 posts in this topic

Apparently I don't understand how the registry works as well as I thought I did. My Eisenhower dollar sets dropped just over and just under 3000 points! How can that happen? I haven't sold any of them, haven't unregistered any of them and I'm truly confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Howard D. Wilson Jr. said:

Apparently I don't understand how the registry works as well as I thought I did. My Eisenhower dollar sets dropped just over and just under 3000 points! How can that happen? I haven't sold any of them, haven't unregistered any of them and I'm truly confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Don't they reset all point values once per year to reflect new population figures? Just a question.

I have two sets I'm working on and both went down somewhat recently. Not as much as you report, but down. Nobody sees mine. They are "private".

Edited by VKurtB

They change / adjust scores sometimes for various reasons. Sometimes it's requested by a user sometimes they just make changes as part of periodic reviews - these are not necessarily annual.

I've seen sets / categories where they forgot to update and and slots for new coins for ~ 7 years and only added them after I asked them to check the set / category.

It just happens. The good news is everyone gets effected and everyone is still scored on the same new system so these changes rarely change rankings much.