• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

End of the year thoughts
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I would like to start by saying thank you for all the help this year and wish everyone a Happy New year.

Next I would like to say that newbie forum gets ask a lot of things by people that are just getting into coins.

Some people don't seem to think that person ask the right ?s. so I thought of a deferent example: 

Someone wakes up and finds a lump on there head, they can do one of four thing.

Check with a some expert (Dr.) And get advice

Watch a U - tube show

research everywhere a topic they know nothing about

or just leave it go.

I for one ask the expert. Even though he has seen it 1000 time is the first time for me.  So this bump was just from me hitting my head. the next lump may be something else, So the expert tells me Don't come here with a bump that could really be something just look it up.

that is the same with coins that a little thing on a coin could make a lot of difference.l

When you go to the physician, either you or your insurer pays the physician.

In numismatics, the experts not only DO NOT invoice you, or whomever approaches, but they also have to endure the indignity of being argued with because of something whomever saw on YouTube. And guess who gets paid. The YouTuber does. Something's out of whack here. Discuss.

Same applies to news reporting.

Moral: NEVER use the Internet as a source. The editing function has been removed, and the incentives are perverse.

Edited by VKurtB

2 hours ago, Rummy13 said:

I would like to start by saying thank you for all the help this year and wish everyone a Happy New year.

Next I would like to say that newbie forum gets ask a lot of things by people that are just getting into coins.

Some people don't seem to think that person ask the right ?s. so I thought of a deferent example: 

Someone wakes up and finds a lump on there head, they can do one of four thing.

Check with a some expert (Dr.) And get advice

Watch a U - tube show

research everywhere a topic they know nothing about

or just leave it go.

I for one ask the expert. Even though he has seen it 1000 time is the first time for me.  So this bump was just from me hitting my head. the next lump may be something else, So the expert tells me Don't come here with a bump that could really be something just look it up.

that is the same with coins that a little thing on a coin could make a lot of difference.l

don't get discouraged Keep asking questions, someone will have the answers. 

That is why you are here, because you know YouTubers don't know squat and seek professional help. I love it here. 

7 hours ago, Dukemnm said:

I think they over charge

Of course they do, they have to.  There are way too many people on government healthcare that only reimburse the physicians pennies on the dollar so they HAVE to boost the charges to everyone to come out OK.  And as more and more people are going to the government healthcare the more the healthcare bills are going to balloon to make up the difference.

On 12/31/2019 at 6:59 PM, Conder101 said:

Of course they do, they have to

I don't see why they have to? But we can sit here all day discussing it why and why not. :D. Bottom line something has to be done to lower the cost of healthcare. Not saying Health care for all but, something so everyone can afford their own healthcare. 

BTW, I work in healthcare and I have stories. lol 

On 12/31/2019 at 2:12 PM, Dukemnm said:

I think they over charge lol wish I could pay in chickens. like in the old days. 

Dukemnm -- I will trade you coins for chickens. :takeit::takeit: