• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1834 Clasic, Crosslet 4 - regrrade with NGC

7 posts in this topic

I would save yourself the hassle in the future and only buy PCGS or NGC slabbed coins.

Very cool you picked up the crosslet 4 Classic Head though.

Edited by Matt_dac

3 hours ago, Matt_dac said:

I would save yourself the hassle in the future and only buy PCGS or NGC slabbed coins.

Very cool you picked up the crosslet 4 Classic Head though.

Thanks

But no one even looks at the coin.   They just offer melt value..  I was told there was no value.  Just because they were graded by ICG.

Why does that make the coin a loser?

This is a rare coin across all grades I thought.  Melt value?  Can someone explain please?

Whoever offered melt for that is just trying to screw you over. ICG in my opinion is perfectly fine as a grader. People can quibble about a few points here and there, but ebay allows their grade specified, right? Melt value on that coin is $357. Heritage sold an NGC AU55 in September for $5880. Yours looks no different to me, wear-wise. Heritage has sold a lot of ICG coins. Whoever you are taking this to is the loser, not the coin.

Great coin but ICG does not have the best reputation when it comes to third party graders.  I'm not really sure that I'd trust them to correctly identify problems such as an old cleaning or putty.  Its because of that distrust and lack of respect that no body wants to pay a lot for it, buyers are not comfortable.  If you want full market value you need to get it into a more respected holder such as NGC or PCGS, buyers will feel more comfortable with it in one of those holders.