• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Serial number is Date Nassau Hall opened at Princeton University

11 posts in this topic

This 20 is not just new and crisp. But if you look at the serial number is has the date 1756.9.22 that's the date that Nassau Hall opened at Princeton University. How do I find out if someone is willing to pay for this as memorabilia? Where would I post about it or what auction house would specialize in things like this. 

IMG_20191202_232521.jpg

For a true serial number date it should read 17560922, so you have that working against you

Honestly, finding someone who is interested in a very esoteric serial number and willing to pay premium is going to be a huge challenge. You might have better luck spending it on the lotto. hm

On 5/17/2022 at 6:47 PM, Oldhoopster said:

For a true serial number date it should read 17560922, so you have that working against you

Honestly, finding someone who is interested in a very esoteric serial number and willing to pay premium is going to be a huge challenge. You might have better luck spending it on the lotto. hm

Funny comparison, but you're right. I have often encountered people trying to stick something insignificant below a high value to someone. As a student, I use this service https://edubirdie.com/custom-research-paper not to waste so much time and to have more unique and useful information. Edubirdie is one of the best custom research paper services, and there is posting about money and its real value. That's why I think these figures mean nothing unless you find someone like you.

Edited by Williammalloy

I see a lot of people trading these serial numbers bills on the Facebook coin groups. Seems like they are like the “error” craze the others on the groups are trading back and forth. Sprinkle in an artificially toned coin here and there. 

You realize, of course, that EVERY serial number that can be a formatted date is the date of SOMETHING, right? Does that change the story for you at all?

Also, AD22222222A is no more or less rare than AD22494720A is. Now find me AD31415927A, and we’ll have a laugh over a pizza. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 12/4/2019 at 4:57 AM, Lisa Rentz said:

This 20 is not just new and crisp. But if you look at the serial number is has the date 1756.9.22 that's the date that Nassau Hall opened at Princeton University. How do I find out if someone is willing to pay for this as memorabilia? Where would I post about it or what auction house would specialize in things like this. 

IMG_20191202_232521.jpg
Wow this is very cool and unusual. I would contact Princeton University. Maybe they will offer something. I studied there, I remember constantly using english assignment help, I found https://essays.edubirdie.com/english-assignment-help for this. The university is very unusual and one of the most famous and oldest in America. I think you will succeed with this bill.

I think you can get good money for it.

Edited by IceStormZZ

Merely a coincidence involving part of the serial number and a very, very minor historical event. Unless there is a connection ('nexus') between items, they are irrelevant.

Edited by RWB