2019 S enhanced silver Eagle
0

19 posts in this topic

43 posts

WOW, AND MANY WOWS afterwards. I am sure like many collectors getting one of these coins was a nightmare. Some of us "Lucked Out", I mean some how, some way we got through. I was fortunate enough to get my order through and I will post pictures of it once it arrives. I might have it graded by NGC, but I am in no rush because the coin isn't going anywhere. To those who lucked out and to those who missed out there might be a chance of some returns or cancelled orders (not likely with the mintage at 30k)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
137 posts

Yes, it was active! I put the coin in my "bag" at 12:00, then didn't finalize until 12:20, because I would get close to complete, get kicked off, and start again several times!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
887 posts

I like the coin for 66 bucks but will never participate in an event like this again. The only fair way to get these into collector hands is to offer pre production sales to determine demand (one per family of course), then strike to fill orders. This sale was nothing more than a ploy to expand their base but can only hurt real collectors. Just imagine you purchasing one for let's say 400 bucks on Ebay only to find out a couple years later they are available for 100. That's what happened to my other low mintage silver eagle sets so beware the speculation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 posts
1 hour ago, numisport said:

I like the coin for 66 bucks but will never participate in an event like this again. The only fair way to get these into collector hands is to offer pre production sales to determine demand (one per family of course), then strike to fill orders. This sale was nothing more than a ploy to expand their base but can only hurt real collectors. Just imagine you purchasing one for let's say 400 bucks on Ebay only to find out a couple years later they are available for 100. That's what happened to my other low mintage silver eagle sets so beware the speculation.

Yes that is a possibility and the frustration I hope was worth it. If it even touches the realm of the 1995 W IMO it was worth the headache..lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,075 posts

Yea I was in checkout at least a half dozen times and kicked out before I could complete each time. Then the fateful "this product is no longer available" came up. It's gotten me to the point of canceling all my mint subscriptions. I'm even contemplating on selling my SAE collection. There are soo many that bought ATS just to flip them. So much for coins for collectors!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
137 posts
20 hours ago, numisport said:

I like the coin for 66 bucks but will never participate in an event like this again. The only fair way to get these into collector hands is to offer pre production sales to determine demand (one per family of course), then strike to fill orders. This sale was nothing more than a ploy to expand their base but can only hurt real collectors. Just imagine you purchasing one for let's say 400 bucks on Ebay only to find out a couple years later they are available for 100. That's what happened to my other low mintage silver eagle sets so beware the speculation.

If they didn't put out a low mintage piece occasionally, interest in the moderns might fall off. I think this helps generate interest in collecting, and actually helps the hobby....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,075 posts
4 hours ago, Treeman said:

If they didn't put out a low mintage piece occasionally, interest in the moderns might fall off. I think this helps generate interest in collecting, and actually helps the hobby....

Well their ordering fiasco is going to make them lose a lot of money. I've heard many that are canceling subscriptions. I'm one of them. I will wait til the price drops to almost nothing on the secondary market from now on for any sets I need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
887 posts
1 hour ago, bsshog40 said:

Well their ordering fiasco is going to make them lose a lot of money. I've heard many that are canceling subscriptions. I'm one of them. I will wait til the price drops to almost nothing on the secondary market from now on for any sets I need. 

I hear you on that. Really they don't need us though do they. I'll speak for myself to say U S Mint doesn't offer much beyond mint and proof sets for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 posts

Just bought one for a fair price. Fair I mean it wasn't 1k or $600, will wait n see. If they drop, I will pick up more to put back, cost averaging.

Some unrealistic BIN's on Ebay $3k, $4k, $2.5k, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,746 posts
On 11/15/2019 at 3:20 PM, FairTradeAct_1935 said:

Yes that is a possibility and the frustration I hope was worth it. If it even touches the realm of the 1995 W IMO it was worth the headache..lol

It almost certainly won't because the number of collectors for the non-standard, extra coins or whatever you want to call it (special finishes, reverse proofs and so forth) isn't as large (probably nowhere near as large).  The 95-W is an outlier and almost certainly going to stay that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
777 posts
18 posts
7 hours ago, Senex said:

Mine shipped today. Examples currently going for $725 on eBay as of this A.M.

Minus about 20% for the casual seller, PP fees, shipping and insurance and the potential for scams, chargebacks and returns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 post

I purchased an enhanced reverse proof 70 2019 s eagle from the Baltimore show numbered 06677 and I paid just above $5,000 for it the week after it went on sale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,953 posts

Congrats to all those who were successful!! :golfclap:

Me?  I don't have a strong enough interest. 

BUT, if one develops; I will wait a few years, until the storms dies down, and then I can pick one up for a reasonable price.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
358 posts

@bsshog40 I was reading about this ATS and saw so many people buying to instantly flip it for more money. Heck, dealers were paying people $$$ to get it for them early on! This was a fiasco and doesn't help collectors at all.  Good thing I do not buy any of this and focus on world coins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0