• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How could I resist?
1 1

24 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2019 at 10:48 PM, Conder101 said:

I don't get it.

I think it's about that post that he lies in all the time...about having certain coin varieties or Double Die situations...I went through it fast but I think Karen was just playing with Humor??? 

I don't understand the Cat though?

Maybe everyone (including Cats) ate finding DDO'S......

Hi Karen...Peace Conder101....

😸😀🤔

2 hours ago, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

That's why I don't get it.  The left side is good, but I don't see how it relates to the cat.  Would be much more effective without the right hand image.

Ok. I forget that most of you guys don't do FaceBook. Sooorrry.....there have been these memes going around with this chick and the cat. Whatever the chick says the cat says something counter to it. Like I will show you another after i finish this. They are super funny, every one of them, but I'll be darned if I know who either character is and idt anybody knows, which makes them get on my nerves all the more. Anyway, maybe you'll get it after seeing a couple more. Ok, sometimes i get a little carried away. Ooops! Enjoy.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/story-behind-popular-woman-yelling-212500694.html

Screenshot_20191120-014437.jpg

Screenshot_20191120-014544~2.jpg

Screenshot_20191120-014544.jpg

Screenshot_20191120-014530.jpg

FB_IMG_1573417354746.jpg

Edited by KarenHolcomb
Language

1 hour ago, VKurtB said:

"Why did it have to be" Facebook?

lol, everything starts and ends in Facebook land now. 

16 hours ago, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

10 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

Neither do I.

On 11/14/2019 at 8:48 PM, Conder101 said:

I don't get it.

So the cat is reality and the hysterical woman is someone(snowflake) getting upset because the reality is not what they thought it was. 

It's like, "Nah man! I said Machine doubling, even though it is doubling, it is not the same thing as a double die" . 

and folks don't get that there are differents kinds of doubling. hence, "You Said it was a Double Die" lol 

My two cents. :D 

image.png.49760322b3bb5205de30c2d041c2333e.png

image.png.00752c9dc0cb2556bc2a0d936d29b82d.png

image.png.5e9513fecc050eaa3635ccc5d6fb4b1e.png

Ah snap Duke! Are you dropping memes on me?! Lmbo!

I totally agree with the 1st paragraph of Dukes summation, but the Doubled Die part not so much.

My intention for sharing it in the 1st place was as a joke about how all us Newbies are always posting our coins with MD and being all excited about them because we are positive they are DD's. Then our hopes and dreams are crushed because Condor or JK come back with 'All I see is a severely deteriorated die with some MD on a severely damaged Lincoln Cent '. Right? It's Satire. Sarcasm.

So if y'all can't see the humor in it all by thus point then you are beyond any help I can offer but I still like ya. And wasn't that last meme the hot-dog-diggity?

See,that last line was also funny because it is a cat in the meme...... 

Screenshot_20191120-124042.jpg

1 hour ago, Dukemnm said:

and folks don't get that there are differents kinds of doubling. hence, "You Said it was a Double Die" lol 

My two cents. :D 

You can tell me my 2 cents are worthless, I make people feel better everyday....now without looking it up, let's be honest....do you know how many and what types of doubling exist on 2 cent pieces?

On 11/20/2019 at 10:33 AM, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

You can tell me my 2 cents are worthless

I didn't mean that your two cents are worthless. My bad, I meant that My two cents are usually worthless.

and 

how many and what types of doubling exist on 2 cent pieces?

No, I could not tell you off the top of my head. I haven't got to that chapter in the book. lol

I make people feel better everyday

you definitely make my day! :D

Lets see, Hub doubling, machine doubling, die deterioration doubling, repunched dates, and Longacre doubling.  There may be a case of re-engraving but i don't think so except possibly in the of repair hub breaks.

Edited by Conder101

On 11/21/2019 at 9:16 PM, Conder101 said:

Lets see, Hub doubling, machine doubling, die deterioration doubling, repunched dates, and Longacre doubling.  There may be a case of re-engraving but i don't think so except possibly in the of repair hub breaks.

I think you get my point

On 11/21/2019 at 2:34 PM, Dukemnm said:

I didn't mean that your two cents are worthless. My bad, I meant that My two cents are usually worthless.

and 

No, I could not tell you off the top of my head. I haven't got to that chapter in the book. lol

you definitely make my day! :D

I stand corrected by you....I will watch my replies and remember we are here for Coin Talk Fun....my apologies Sir.

It's no excuse but from a lay over and 2 no shows, then a dealer I won't name backs out from a promise over the phone....on top of expenses with no return.......I might hit the Basil Hayden's tonight...

On 11/20/2019 at 1:00 PM, Just Bob said:

Karen, since there are young numismatists who frequent these boards, would you mind removing the last one?

I will, absolutely Bob, but i gotta say that there is no cursing or belittling or anything that I think is not for young ears. And then, of course, my entire explanation will be gone. Oh!!! The meme?! I am sorry. Absolutely I will. My apologies kind Sir.

On 11/20/2019 at 1:33 PM, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

You can tell me my 2 cents are worthless, I make people feel better everyday....now without looking it up, let's be honest....do you know how many and what types of doubling exist on 2 cent pieces?

Nope.

I have no reactions left for today. You guys were a hoot on this post. Thanks to you all for improving my day.

How are you only quoting certain parts of a response?

Get ready cause I'm about to blow your minds with the badassets Double/possibly Triple Skip Double Die Clash as soon as I finish my notifs. I sure wish Ole what's his name, I mean Tom were around to see it. Y'all's eyes are gonna bug out of their sockets fo sho. And also quite possibly a 50+yr old unlisted DDR that I'm going to keep the year secret on for now. I'll have to let you guys tell me if it's a DD or not. 

Thanks for your kind words for my friend, they mean more than you could know. 

See ya again in a few.....