• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheat back with no date ?

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I’m fairly new to collecting coins. Been coin hunting for about 2 months now. I somehow managed to come across 2 rolls that had 13 1943 pennies and 17 wheat backs. However 1 in particular caught my attention. The coin isn’t in the best condition however even my worse condition coins I can still see a date. But this one appears not not have a date even stamped. Thoughts ? Comments ? Input ? Thanks everyone !

7D6C36FB-CF3A-41AE-9C93-8979E4DE6780.jpeg

The shiny patch where part of the date should be is very likely to be where someone either polished the date off or attempted to "clean" crud around the date so they could see it. Hard to tell without a picture looking directly at the area. 

42 minutes ago, Kirt said:

The shiny patch where part of the date should be is very likely to be where someone either polished the date off or attempted to "clean" crud around the date so they could see it. Hard to tell without a picture looking directly at the area. 

That’s what I was possibly thinking. It does almost have a slight color difference. If someone did grind it off. It looks pretty well done imo. I can grab a few more pics later.